talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 14th March - Barcelona (4) 3-0 (1) Chelsea (2nd Leg)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I don't know why you have that attitude, as you will probably win, or it'll be a 2-2 draw xD

Fully expecting the worst, especially if Conte continues the false 9

Wonder if Bakayoko will feature. Still have faith in the lad to turn out good. 

Giroud

Hazard------------Willian

Alonso----Drinkwater---Kante---Zappacosta

Rudiger---Christensen---Dave

Courtois 

• Subscriber

Usually support the British side but really I'd rather see Barcelona go through so the latter stages aren't stacked with English sides and so we can see Barcelona, Juventus, Man City (Madrid?) go head to head.

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Usually support the British side but really I'd rather see Barcelona go through so the latter stages aren't stacked with English sides and so we can see Barcelona, Juventus, Man City (Madrid?) go head to head.

I've had enough of them personally. Not happening but it could be all English sides for me.

If we start three wingers and start the same City tactics we could as well record a 3-0 defeat without running out. We need the result not Barcelona, they can pass the ball forever and get a draw or a minimum win. Need a strong side for this one and for the love of God a striker. Don't expect too much from this mob, just hope for another clean game like the first let the best team win.

Hopefully Eden will show up

See us being in the game for a period, perhaps even winning over both legs at some point but to then eventually lose it.

Conte seems to be getting his excuses in early as well, talking about the lack of experience the players have and how good Barcelona are, when his record as manager isn't great in this competition either, neither the domestic cup competitions. Talking about the lack of experience the players have is hardly a confidence booster as well.

I don't trust Conte's game management in these games anymore, let's hope him and the players prove me wrong tomorrow night.

What baffles me the most about Conte, is that he is constantly having a dig at the board. Either manage the team you have and get the most of it or walk. Next three games we have Barcelona in the UCL, Leicester in the Fa Cup and Spurs home. By 1st April we could only have the top four to fight for, or in the best case scenario still in two cup competitions which is unlikely. Knowing us we would beat Barca and then go out in the Fa Cup. One thing i can agree on is that we seriously lack any leaders in the current squad. Only a few players play on the highest level every game which is not enough as it is a team game. I'd say Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Kante and Willian were the only players that were up to the task in most of the games in the past few months. 

We start with Hazard against Roberto, Willian against Alba, and Giroud giving Pique flashbacks against Drogba, I'd say it's anyone's game. 

Conte saying the board lacks ambition, yet thinks a 0-1 defeat to City is a good result. 

Next 7 days could very well reveal his fate. 

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We start with Hazard against Roberto, Willian against Alba, and Giroud giving Pique flashbacks against Drogba, I'd say it's anyone's game. 

Conte saying the board lacks ambition, yet thinks a 0-1 defeat to City is a good result. 

xD:congrats:

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That and the game vs Spurs at the Bridge. I would take the Fa Cup and a top four finish now, however i can see us getting one of the two maximum. I am usually very optimistic, more than i should be but after those disastrous games against Watford, Bournemouth and both Manchester games we put ourselves in this position. We would be pretty comfortable if we only won against Watford and Bournemouth.

15 minutes ago, True Blue said:

That and the game vs Spurs at the Bridge. I would take the Fa Cup and a top four finish now, however i can see us getting one of the two maximum. I am usually very optimistic, more than i should be but after those disastrous games against Watford, Bournemouth and both Manchester games we put ourselves in this position. We would be pretty comfortable if we only won against Watford and Bournemouth.

If getting knocked out against Barca guranteed a top 4 finish and an FA Cup, I would streak naked through my office and send photos of my devil dick willie to @Devil-Dick Willie for it to happen. 

Unlike 2012, there aren't any leaders within the team. Closest is Azpilicueta and David Luiz, although the latter seems to be permanently injured. 

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I think he is just permanently fucked off by Conte, similar to Costa. Shame really as we could seriously use him in the big games. Just can't overcome the pressure that Christensen will be on at Nou Camp.

He may still be injured, so who knows. We all know what happened last time Luiz was forced to play injured against Barca. Suarez practically retired him. 

I can still see Luiz staying next season whilst Conte is gone. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He may still be injured, so who knows. We all know what happened last time Luiz was forced to play injured against Barca. Suarez practically retired him. 

I can still see Luiz staying next season whilst Conte is gone. 

I'd like that, even tough he went down the scale for me for that wild wild celebration of PSG's goal, but then again it was big moment and he is just like every other mercenary it is his job. However i do think he enjoys playing for the club and he is a popular character at the Bridge.

Good to see Giroud representing Arsenal in the champions league. But sadly, you can take Giroud out of Arsenal but cant take Arsenal out of Giroud so he will be out of the tournament in the round of 16.

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Iniesta back in the line-up and Dembele also starting. That gives more hope.

Why do you say hope? To me, Barcelona should win this comfortably, cant see chelsea causing too many problems for them.

I meant the tie, with the away goal they already have.

• The title was changed to Wednesday 14th March - Barcelona (4) 3-0 (1) Chelsea (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived