talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 14th March - Barcelona (4) 3-0 (1) Chelsea (2nd Leg)

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Spanish police are massive bellends any way, regardless of what's chanted. 

Do you not see anything wrong with that attitude? It's an attitude that some English fans have overseas and then cry "we're all victims" which the media over here latch on to.

Yes, there tolerance levels are a lot lower than ours, but it's well documented that a lot of stewards and police overseas aren't governed like ours and don't take shit. So don't paint a bullseye on your chest and make yourselves a target.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Do you not see anything wrong with that attitude? It's an attitude that some English fans have overseas and then cry "we're all victims" which the media over here latch on to.

Yes, there tolerance levels are a lot lower than ours, but it's well documented that a lot of stewards and police overseas aren't governed like ours and don't take shit. So don't paint a bullseye on your chest and make yourselves a target.

oh don't get me wrong, I know some fans' sole intentions are to be proper knobheads and look for trouble. And I'll agree with that last statement about making yourself a target. 

But primarily going on how our fans were treated in Seville last year, it was downright barbaric purely from the police. Literally entered a courtyard where there were quite a few pubs/cafes/restaurants and yes, some fans were a bit lairy (not causing any trouble?) but there were also fans (young, old, male, female, children etc) who were targeted just cos they were in the vicinity. These were the fans that had caused no trouble or harm to anyone and just enjoying the trip there. Pretty sure there were videos of police just targeting anyone and everyone simply because they were heavily armed and shielded and looked like they just ram-raided wherever they could. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Everyone knows Gary Lineker is a hardcore Barça fan but Rio Ferdinand seems to have been carried along by the atmosphere last night and Lineker seems to have earned a new disciple. xD

You make it sound like a cult

• Messi doesn't need anything saying about him. He ghosted past Azpilicueta with ease for the 2nd(which he set Dembele up for) and the 3rd.
  • Iniesta should never go to China, he should retire at Barcelona.
  • Umtiti is a beast and his partnership with Pique is arguably the strongest around right now.
  • Busquets is too much, great to see him back at his ultimate best this season. Indispensable.
  • Dembele is only going to get better. Good to see him get his first goal and he worked very hard tracking back.
  • Suarez was very involved despite not scoring and played a part in 2 of the goals.
  • Alba's having the best season of his career. He's become a left sided version of Alves.
  • Chelsea played better over the two legs than the scoreline suggested.
  • I never thought I'd read about the Peruvian national team in a Champions League 1/4 final thread.

37 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Cesc lost the ball, Messi went past Christensen and was one on one with Azpilicueta and passed the ball to Dembele. When did he ghost by Apzilicueta?

No player can ghost past Azpilicueta. How I wish we revert to a back 4. He's unplayable at RB. 

Also needs to be noted how well Kante did last night. The man is incredible. Basically did the role of three midfielders due to Cesc's inability to move, yet still practically made the centre of the pitch his own. We should be more worried about keeping Kante than Hazard. 

Still hope Barca win the competition, but from last night's performance, they are there for the taking. Still think either City or even Liverpool could of got something from that tie. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Everyone knows Gary Lineker is a hardcore Barça fan but Rio Ferdinand seems to have been carried along by the atmosphere last night and Lineker seems to have earned a new disciple. xD

So wish Lamps would of just posted this straightly after. 

#Losingaheaderagainstamidget

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So wish Lamps would of just posted this straightly after. 

#Losingaheaderagainstamidget

In all honesty Mesi's leap there is incredible. Look at the Lear air gap between the ground and his feet... All the same Rio failed in every way defensively there and it wasn't the first time he'd done that during his career.

4 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Have to say, I haven't watched the first half back yet, will do at some point this weekend.

However, do people really believe we played well? xD

It was only brief spells yet nothing to show for it in the final third. Don't even think Barca got out of 2nd gear yet we failed to take advantage of that. 

Chelsea definitely played well, wouldn't say they deserved to go through totally but its definitely a lot better than what the overall score of the tie says. Losing 1-4 is not justice to how chelsea played and they gave some good problems to barcelona. Dont let anyone tell you barcelona controlled the games by having 999999% possession because despite that chelsea hit the post 4 times, 4 fucking times. Willian made some dangerous runs in both the legs and could have had more dangerous situations if others supported him better.

Having said that I agree with @Cicero above, Barcelona would not have let chelsea win this, even if chelsea scored all of those 4 times they hit the post, barcelona have enough quality to up their game and score 3-4 more if needed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived