talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 14th March - Barcelona (4) 3-0 (1) Chelsea (2nd Leg)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi hasn't scored until Chelsea until this tie. Now the only team he has to become consistent against is Peru, whom he hasn't scored against since 2007 I think. We always do a good job in shutting him down.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Courtois pretty shite really isn't he.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Courtois is not actually that good is he?

Fair to say he has been responsible for two Barca goals going in tonight when you might have expected them to be fairly comfortably saved.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Messi hasn't scored until Chelsea until this tie. Now the only team he has to become consistent against is Peru, whom he hasn't scored against since 2007 I think. We always do a good job in shutting him down.

How do you manage to bring Peru into everything? It's actually an art form

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Fair to say he has been responsible for two Barca goals going in tonight when you might have expected them to be fairly comfortably saved.. 

I don't see him consistently enough - but judging by whatever Cicero says, seems like he's been living off former hype for quite some time 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Brian, I think I love you.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

I don't see him consistently enough - but judging by whatever Cicero says, seems like he's been living off former hype for quite some time 

He has looked shakey all season, you expect a keeper to command that back line but he has not done that at all.. In big games like this you expect him to be bossing that goal but individual errors from him have cost us tonight.. 

Was watching Cristal vs UTC but I've turned this on again. Seems a bit pointless now compared to yesterday, but I'm still keen to see if there will be more goals.

This weeks UCL ties were a bit putting off if I'm honest. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Based Brian rattling the dour Brits.

Its too easy really. Just bring up a negative stat about Messi mixed with the word "Peru" and a storm comes. Its the best way.

• Administrator

Peru are shit though and won't make the knockouts of the World Cup. Probably finish last in the group while Messi goes on to semi's most likely.

What was that about 12 Chelsea attempts to Barca's 6?? 

About as much use to us tonight as it would be me saying I once had 12 attempts at knocking Mike Tyson out but still ended up on my arse...  

Far more clinical when it mattered.. We are a bit kick and hope.. 

• The title was changed to Wednesday 14th March - Barcelona (4) 3-0 (1) Chelsea (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived