talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 14th March - Barcelona (4) 3-0 (1) Chelsea (2nd Leg)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Spike said:

Even Piguian would agree with me

The fuck he would, it's stupid to criticize a striker for missing a few chances, because every one of them do. For example, Kane missed a few last week, were you criticizing him for it? What matters is how regularly you score, if you can make things happen. And also how prolific you are, because it's not the same missing 3 chances in one match than missing 2 in 3 matches. No striker has a 100% conversion rate, and i'm pretty sure Higuain has one of the best in the world.

4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

The fuck he would, it's stupid to criticize a striker for missing a few chances, because every one of them do. For example, Kane missed a few last week, were you criticizing him for it? What matters is how regularly you score, if you can make things happen. And also how prolific you are, because it's not the same missing 3 chances in one match than missing 2 in 3 matches. No striker has a 100% conversion rate, and i'm pretty sure Higuain has one of the best in the world.

El Pigita

30 minutes ago, Spike said:

Kane didn't choke away a WC last week.

Did Higuain take corners though? Yeah I didn't think so...

Overall i felt the 3-0 was harsh on us as it clearly didn't reflect the situation on the pitch. You can now probably see why Messi didn't score against Cech in over a decade, it is because Cech isn't a Conference level keeper like Courtois. Who is also the loudest when it is to moving away to Madrid. The start didn't help and we responded well after the goal with a few attacks, people would probably murder if it was Bakayoko who lost the ball and gave Barcelona an easy counter but no it was Messi's buddy Fabregas who is finished at the top level. In the second we did well but unlucky not to score in the 90 minutes at least once. Hit the post from the free kick and the bar from the corner. All in all can't blame the tactics the desire to do well, but if by any chance we had a decent keeper we would probably concede a minimum defeat or even a better result. Did anyone notice Hazard's brilliant performance in a big game again? No neither did I.

Bring on the Fa Cup

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah, Marcos 'a goal in the bag, kills a slag' Alonso was not enough today

Marcos Alonso was Chelsea's best player by quite some margin last night at the Camp Nou... He was everywhere and did a magnificent job.  I was watching the game with some Italian friends and obviously they had the game with Italian commentary where they were singing the praises of Alonso and stated that the only Chelsea player worthy last night was him and then maybe Willian.

As for the stick Courtois has been getting... Well he isn't at the standard he was some years back but he isn't as bad as is being made out at least for me.  The goals are clever ones because when you are approaching one of the tallest goalkeepers ever, then shooting low especially towards the feet is the best way to force an error.  It's actually physics to be honest when you think about it! Messi is designed for football and I know nobody here has ever seen any player that comes even close because with Messi it's a lot more complicated than that.

For me Conte setup the game brilliantly once again and the only thing that failed him was the fact Chelsea had that average striker up front Olivier Giroud.  Yeah, yeah, he can hold the ball up but everything else lives in the mediocrity world of football with a moment every now and then that's good.  Having a player like Giroud against players that have won it all and are conditioned to play under intense pressure against some of the greatest players, then facing someone like Giroud must've been easy homework to do.  But what other options did Conte have that were clean cut and could be used efficiently?

Chelsea (I repeat) played very well and that was because Conte made it that way.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Chelsea fans complaining that security were hitting them with batons after goading them with the chant: "Barcelona, you'll always be Spain". 

I don't get what they expected really, it's known world wide that they don't take shit. 

Spanish police are massive bellends any way, regardless of what's chanted. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Everyone knows Gary Lineker is a hardcore Barça fan but Rio Ferdinand seems to have been carried along by the atmosphere last night and Lineker seems to have earned a new disciple. xD

Shame he missed the United game, one of the biggest cunts that ever played.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Everyone knows Gary Lineker is a hardcore Barça fan but Rio Ferdinand seems to have been carried along by the atmosphere last night and Lineker seems to have earned a new disciple. xD

It's like bringing one of your simple friends out who gets excited over everything!  Rio is so over the top on everything, probably if the camera wasn't on him he wouldn't even be jumping around. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived