talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamie Vardy

I doubt it's happening at all. It doesn't make sense for him to make the move - what can Everton offer him that Leicester can't? He's on big money and at best it's a sideways step, but considering that Everton look very poor this season it's more likely a step down. At 31, does Vardy want to join a project club, that needs work to look like it's on an upward trajectory? Meanwhile, he's at the club that he's most likely going to always be remembered as a legend at and at the club where he established himself as an England international.

He's already rejected Arsenal. Unless Everton are going to quadruple his wages, I just can't see why he'd make the move.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Danny said:

I'd like to think there's a way we could incorporate him and Kane into the same starting eleven. Kane's likes to drop deep and push play up the pitch and Vardy loves to run past defenders.

Kane - Vardy

Sterling

Henderson - Alli

Dier

Young - Smalling - Stones - Walker

Southgate

Something like that, I think our biggest threat is to play in a more counter attacking way.

Southgate in goal. Knew the other options were bad but that's a bit far!

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I doubt it's happening at all. It doesn't make sense for him to make the move - what can Everton offer him that Leicester can't? He's on big money and at best it's a sideways step, but considering that Everton look very poor this season it's more likely a step down. At 31, does Vardy want to join a project club, that needs work to look like it's on an upward trajectory? Meanwhile, he's at the club that he's most likely going to always be remembered as a legend at and at the club where he established himself as an England international.

He's already rejected Arsenal. Unless Everton are going to quadruple his wages, I just can't see why he'd make the move.

We can offer him the exact same thing apart from he has the honour of leading the line for Everton Football Club and not to play in front of some blag ultras in the corner of the stadium. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Don't understand how someone people want to play Alli in the central midfield. The bloke is practically a second striker.

Because when on the ball Sterling would drift out wide and Alli would push forward to a more advanced position.

• Subscriber

I think Everton fans are probably the worst to play for when things are going badly. There isn’t a moanier ground in the country. Zero reason for Vardy to move at this stage. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Don't understand how someone people want to play Alli in the central midfield. The bloke is practically a second striker.

That’s not really true this season at all. Previously yes but this year he’s been playing deeper and doing more on the ball. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

A crowd that isn't filled with mongs whizzing clappers around for 90 minutes.

yeah cos the Everton crowd create so much atmosphere by themselves anyway xD. I swear Everton can have some of the most fickle fans as well (not everyone, obviously) but you could boo a player and give him shit for a few matches then be so far up his arse when they score. Equally as 'mongy'. 

21 minutes ago, Storts said:

That’s not really true this season at all. Previously yes but this year he’s been playing deeper and doing more on the ball. 

Is that why he has 1/3 of his goal total?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is that why he has 1/3 of his goal total?

Yes it is - I think he's much better when he's higher up the pitch, and we saw when Kane went off at the weekend he was at his most threatening level that I've seen in ages.

Just now, Storts said:

Yes it is - I think he's much better when he's higher up the pitch, and we saw when Kane went off at the weekend he was at his most threatening level that I've seen in ages.

I hate posting football lineups and ultimately I find it completely cringe but I'm more of a 'do as I say not do as I do', type of guy. Kane and Vardy shouldn't start together. It should always be one or the other. England have pathetic width and no one is capable of crossing. The team should play tight and low with only the front three players having any sort of attacking freedom, the team should employ a midfield carrier as opposed to playmaker because England's playmaking is shit. The most important player for the midfield to succeed is Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. He is the only player that is able to drive the ball into attacking positions with his physicality and dribbling. A player like Henderson should be a midfield aggressor to compliment another midfielder to anchor the team's shape and cover John Stone's aggressive playmaking. Ideally Hendo would constantly press the ball-carrier into the path of the anchorman which would trap them into either making a rushed pass or losing possession. The fullbacks would tuck in when in possession to create a narrow pitch but remain wide in defence to neutralise the opposing team's width.

England's weakness is their width, they need to neutralise their reliance on width as much as possible. 

Why did I pick Delph as the LB? Because he has experience playing in the method needed for this style.

AU2haKO.png

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah cos the Everton crowd create so much atmosphere by themselves anyway xD. I swear Everton can have some of the most fickle fans as well (not everyone, obviously) but you could boo a player and give him shit for a few matches then be so far up his arse when they score. Equally as 'mongy'. 

I think the natural progression is paper clappers and a drum for when Vardy joins. He'll be right at home, then. Hope he brings them Richard III stickers with him as well. 

You can keep your dilly ding chant, though. That shit is ruthless. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ron Burgundy is an American and you want him at defensive midfield for England?

I post my first sincere footballing post in months and the first response is a joke.  :( 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Holy shit that fat bloke in the centre!

My eyes!

it genuinely makes me think that it's photoshopped but perhaps it's not xD 

• Subscriber

Vardy would cost more than Sigurdsson and is 31. No ta. I'm sure we can find some defenders with an actual backbone somewhere with that money. Then again if Walsh keeps his job I look forward to Leicester laughing all the way to the bank with the £60m they demand off us for Vardy before we spend the change on another few number tens. 

Seriously one of the silliest transfer rumours I've heard. His game doesn't suit us anywhere near as well as Leicester's, he's a talisman to them and worth far more to them than he is to any other club and for a striker who relies on pace being 31 is a serious drawback. A good player but in the circumstances just not at all worth the money Leicester will demand.

4 hours ago, Spike said:

Then just post it as it is. A 4-2-2-2

I've never met anyone who picks at things more than me in life, that is some achievement xD

Diamond formation is fine, he slots into centre mid when defending, when attacking he pushes forward. It's not a 4-2-2-2 as Alli doesn't play wide enough.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

A crowd that isn't filled with mongs whizzing clappers around for 90 minutes.

To be honest I think your home crowd is about the last thing you can sell Everton with.

Archived