talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jamie Vardy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The glory hunting diaspora. I see it on social media all the time.

Social media fans are, more often than not, absolute morons. Vardy's demonstrated pretty clearly that he's definitely an above average striker in a top league for several years in a row now...

You don't need some dumb cunt on twitter to validate your opinion of a player... especially if they're claiming stupid shite like a player that's consistently performed well in a top league for several years in a row isn't more than average. He's clearly one of the better strikers in the league and that's why he's got a golden boot this season.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Social media fans are, more often than not, absolute morons. Vardy's demonstrated pretty clearly that he's definitely an above average striker in a top league for several years in a row now...

You don't need some dumb cunt on twitter to validate your opinion of a player... especially if they're claiming stupid shite like a player that's consistently performed well in a top league for several years in a row isn't more than average. He's clearly one of the better strikers in the league and that's why he's got a golden boot this season.

They still count though, morons or not. If we only counted the intelligent ones, football would be a bloody tiny sport.

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Japanese people :ph34r:

Do you think Japanese players know about that racist incident? It honestly seems like it's been swept under the rug and forgotten by a lot of people. But I think if I were Japanese, I'd fucking hate him. Instead I like him as a player, I just think he's a dickhead for that.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

They still count though, morons or not. If we only counted the intelligent ones, football would be a bloody tiny sport.

Count? Sure, whatever. 

But my advice is to not give them the time of day. Everyone has opinions, so no need to get worked up about some keyboard ninja spouting shit just to bring some excitement to his/her life. 

Vardy is absolute class, anyone who says otherwise is dense and is just showing their ass. 

Just now, Mpache said:

Do they still count (in football at least)? Every dumb arsehole on the planet's always had an opinion, the internet's just given everyone platform so you get a bunch of loud idiots.

But it's not like them being idiots is going to take away from Vardy clearly being one of the better strikers in England, even at 33. It's not like Brendan Rodgers is going to see that @ShittyBumhole69 on twitter thinks that Vardy's just a pace merchant who's on dying legs and then never play Vardy again. If Leicester were, for whatever reason, to try to sell Vardy this summer... they'd get a pretty decent fee and lots of clubs interested in a striker that's 33 years old - because he'll give a lot of clubs something they want... goals being scored so they can win more games.

Everyone's got an opinion, but that doesn't mean we have to treat all opinions as equal. If someone says something that's clearly wrong, you're free to completely disregard everything they've said because there's no point in wasting time on arguments that are just... very plainly wrong on their face.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do they still count (in football at least)? Every dumb arsehole on the planet's always had an opinion, the internet's just given everyone platform so you get a bunch of loud idiots.

But it's not like them being idiots is going to take away from Vardy clearly being one of the better strikers in England, even at 33. It's not like Brendan Rodgers is going to see that @ShittyBumhole69 on twitter thinks that Vardy's just a pace merchant who's on dying legs and then never play Vardy again. If Leicester were, for whatever reason, to try to sell Vardy this summer... they'd get a pretty decent fee and lots of clubs interested in a striker that's 33 years old - because he'll give a lot of clubs something they want... goals being scored so they can win more games.

Everyone's got an opinion, but that doesn't mean we have to treat all opinions as equal. If someone says something that's clearly wrong, you're free to completely disregard everything they've said because there's no point in wasting time on arguments that are just... very plainly wrong on their face.

We should just merge our posts. xD

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t bother with those toxic fans. But their stupidity still triggers me.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you think Japanese players know about that racist incident? It honestly seems like it's been swept under the rug and forgotten by a lot of people. But I think if I were Japanese, I'd fucking hate him. Instead I like him as a player, I just think he's a dickhead for that.

He’s lucky it happened years ago and not now. People forget too easily. 

Just now, Mpache said:

I don’t bother with those toxic fans. But their stupidity still triggers me.

What some advice, delete all forms of social media. I deleted FB, Twitter, Instagram, and only kept LinkedIn. It's an absolute relief and you realize how much more time you have on your hands and how healthier you are not being exposed to assholes who think they know more than experts and just want to stir shit up. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

What some advice, delete all forms of social media. I deleted FB, Twitter, Instagram, and only kept LinkedIn. It's an absolute relief and you realize how much more time you have on your hands and how healthier you are not being exposed to assholes who think they know more than experts and just want to stir shit up. 

This is very good advice just in general. Got rid of Facebook over Christmas and don't miss it at all. Got rid of LinkedIn as it's pretty redundant in my field anyway and I genuinely believe it is utterley toxic by and large. All I have left is Twitter for niches and this and a couple more forums for the same. My life is a hell of a lot richer for it. You don't need any of it nearly as much as we are led to believe.

Anyway, back to overrated strikers...:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, tlr said:

This is very good advice just in general. Got rid of Facebook over Christmas and don't miss it at all. Got rid of LinkedIn as it's pretty redundant in my field anyway and I genuinely believe it is utterley toxic by and large. All I have left is Twitter for niches and this and a couple more forums for the same. My life is a hell of a lot richer for it. You don't need any of it nearly as much as we are led to believe.

Anyway, back to overrated strikers...:ph34r:

Thanks love.

I am contemplated deleting LinkedIn, but I still need it for my job 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

His all-round game has become underrated. His passing is actually far better than he gets credit for.

Should have had about 4 assists against Sheff Utd xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Sensational striker. 

For how other strikers get lauded for their contribution to the Premier League, Vardy should go down as one of the greatest given his goalscoring record. 

Very close to breaking the record for most goals scored in PL after turning 30. Only a couple behind Ian Wright now at 91.

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sensational striker. 

For how other strikers get lauded for their contribution to the Premier League, Vardy should go down as one of the greatest given his goalscoring record. 

Very close to breaking the record for most goals scored in PL after turning 30. Only a couple behind Ian Wright now at 91.

He'd be a good first buy for Newcastle :ph34r:

4 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Vardy is same category as someone like Robbie Fowler, probably similar drug use as well :ph34r:

Being in the same category is as Fowler = being one of the best strikers this league’s ever seen

Archived