talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Phil Brown Named Swindon Boss

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/03/2018 at 02:06, Danny said:

Fuck me League Two...Swindon's a fairly big town but everyone in the west country supports Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs, so much potential with them and Bristol City.

There is a lot of support for the two bristol teams. But a lot of people support a big team as well. I don't think Bristol is big enough to have two teams. I think if there was one team bristol would do better

55 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

There is a lot of support for the two bristol teams. But a lot of people support a big team as well. I don't think Bristol is big enough to have two teams. I think if there was one team bristol would do better

Well only one of them is funded by Stephen Lansdown.

57 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah cos Rovers do have a decent support but neither can get much further than the Championship

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Yeah cos Rovers do have a decent support but neither can get much further than the Championship

Yeah I know. I think it's difficult for cities who have more than one team. Only London and Manchester have more than one team in the premiership. Even big cities like Birmingham and Sheffield don't have any. I think if there was one team in Bristol it would have had a premier league team at some point. City do get some support from the surrounding areas like Weston though

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I know. I think it's difficult for cities who have more than one team. Only London and Manchester have more than one team in the premiership. Even big cities like Birmingham and Sheffield don't have any. I think if there was one team in Bristol it would have had a premier league team at some point. City do get some support from the surrounding areas like Weston though

Yeah it's pretty normal for City based clubs to get support from surrounding towns/villages.

Its why clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland and Leeds are so big because there's no competition.

London is big obviously but there are so many clubs next to each other and seeing as 50% of the city is either immigrant or from an immigrant background, that match going culture isn't there for a lot of the city as most fans are generally white Irish/British. Arsenals fanbase is the most diverse and has been at least since the days of Henry and Viera.

Arsenal, Spurs, Barnet in north London. West Ham, Leyton Orient and Dagenham in East London. Millwall, Charlton, Crystal Palace and Wimbledon in South London. Chelsea, QPR, Fulham and Brentford in west London. 14 professional sides from the Premier League to the Championship and that's not including your sides in the Home Counties...Reading, Watford, Luton...the Essex and Kent clubs in the south east.

The North West has a lot though their cities generally don't and Yorkshires similar...weird to see a one club city.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah it's pretty normal for City based clubs to get support from surrounding towns/villages.

Its why clubs like Newcastle, Sunderland and Leeds are so big because there's no competition.

London is big obviously but there are so many clubs next to each other and seeing as 50% of the city is either immigrant or from an immigrant background, that match going culture isn't there for a lot of the city as most fans are generally white Irish/British. Arsenals fanbase is the most diverse and has been at least since the days of Henry and Viera.

Arsenal, Spurs, Barnet in north London. West Ham, Leyton Orient and Dagenham in East London. Millwall, Charlton, Crystal Palace and Wimbledon in South London. Chelsea, QPR, Fulham and Brentford in west London. 14 professional sides from the Premier League to the Championship and that's not including your sides in the Home Counties...Reading, Watford, Luton...the Essex and Kent clubs in the south east.

The North West has a lot though their cities generally don't and Yorkshires similar...weird to see a one club city.

I think the area arsenal play in is less than the Emirates capacity. Aren't a lot of the teams in the premiership (apart from London and Manchester) one club cities? Huddersfield' Newcastle etc. Forgot about Liverpool and Everton

Archived