talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

40% of Premier League Sides Score Less Than a Goal a Game

I thought we already gathered that Everton always have, and always will, have an unrealistic expectation of which managers they'll be able to attract. Carlo Ancelotti, Awsene Wenger....

I'm sure there fans will be expecting Unai Emery, Antonio Conte and Zinidene Zidane this summer if they become available.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I thought we already gathered that Everton always have, and always will, have an unrealistic expectation of which managers they'll be able to attract. Carlo Ancelotti, Awsene Wenger....

I'm sure there fans will be expecting Unai Emery, Antonio Conte and Zinidene Zidane this summer if they become available.

None of them big enough, either. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Can't believe this has got so many nibbles. 

Fantastic.

It's also frightening how many people think we're deluded enough to expect to get Ancelotti etc. :rofl: I challenge anyone to try and find one post from an Everton fan on here that says it would be realistic for us to attract someone like that.

An unsurprisingly poor opening article (daily mail). The whole article is based around cherry picking stats to make the situation look worse than it probably is. Four teams are on 28 or 29 goals. If they score 2 next time out then there;s only 4 teams with less than a goal a game which will be the same as most seasons.

I'd like to see the stats of goals per game for clubs outside the top 6 it would be close to most other seasons. 

Hodgson and Lambert defensive coaches? Disagree with that also.

• Subscriber
On 3/14/2018 at 21:06, Marc said:

An unsurprisingly poor opening article (daily mail). The whole article is based around cherry picking stats to make the situation look worse than it probably is. Four teams are on 28 or 29 goals. If they score 2 next time out then there;s only 4 teams with less than a goal a game which will be the same as most seasons.

I'd like to see the stats of goals per game for clubs outside the top 6 it would be close to most other seasons. 

Hodgson and Lambert defensive coaches? Disagree with that also.

I'd agree that Hodgson is but not Lambert. I always liked Lambert when he was your manager. Can remember you coming here under him when we hadn't lost at home in ages and you absolutely belted us. Think it ended 2-3 but that flattered us.

38 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'd agree that Hodgson is but not Lambert. I always liked Lambert when he was your manager. Can remember you coming here under him when we hadn't lost at home in ages and you absolutely belted us. Think it ended 2-3 but that flattered us.

yeah you scored your second in the last minute. I was at at the game, when I was at uni. Got absolutely smashed, then went out in Brum on a student night. It was a mid-week game.

That team was so good, there was such a good relationship between the players and supporters. I guess there always is when you're doing well. Holt and Hoolahan were just fucking great together.

Archived