Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Stephen Hawking has passed away

He lived a life longer and richer than anyone predicted. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Danny said:

No walking away from it...

R.I.P

I hope that wasn't a joke... :o

It was an awful joke 

Somehow unexpected, even though he was way above his life expectancy. He just seemed to be always there, kind of immortal. RIP. 

doctors say he wouldn't live past 23. Incredible mind and incredible feat to defy the doctors, let alone all the lessons and teachings he was able to give beyond that date.

RIP to one of the greatest individuals ever to have lived.

• Upvote 4

Proof that the mind is the most powerful, amazing and most valuable thing a human being possesses. The body was a shambles of afflictions and disabilities... But this was overpowered and overdriven by a wonderful mind that taught the more physically able of his kind that superiority and understanding comes from intelligence and a driven obsession to teach..

RIP TEACHER!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm actually quite sad about this. A lot of times when celebrities die I don't think a lot about it. Steven Hawkins was a brilliant mind. Not just with science but with everything. His observations of the world were brilliant. He was the next Einstein and the world has lost a brilliant man.

Along with being one of the greatest minds in modern science, he also had an incredible talent of explaining highly complicated concepts in clear terms for general population; a true sign of extraordinary intelligence. "A Brief History of Time" was one of the books that sparked my interest in science as a child, Stephen Hawking and Carl Sagan are legends for making science interesting and fun, both sadly gone now. RIP.

• Upvote 4

Was meant to give the theory of everything a watch down the line, might just do so this weekend.

R.I.P

Found it weird that I watched the theory of everything a couple of days ago and woke up this morning to the news that he's passed away 

RIP

I’ll be honest, Jim Bowen’s death is a great loss. What he and Bully gave the World was truly life changing. 

I can't think of a more inspiring personality. The kind of human being the world needs more of.

3 hours ago, Machado said:

I can't think of a more inspiring personality. The kind of human being the world needs more of.

I'd include Mandela in there mate.

Titans and Colossi, the both of them.

Edited by Philippe Coutinho