Your Most and Least Favourite Genre of Music

football forum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@Happy Blue

Is this the type of hardcore you were referring to mate? xD

Don't mind some of the old wigan pier stuff like this :D, get off yeah box shit faced, jumping around like a bellend with the music so loud it's vibrating through yeh skull, wake up in the street with your cloths missing wondering if you have been raped or not xD   

On 3/14/2018 at 12:11, Stan said:

i'm in to such a vast range of music.

One day I can like and want to listen to bands/artists like The Killers, Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars, Young Guns, Blink-182 Don Broco etc.

Another day and it could be The Weeknd, J Cole, Camilla Cabello, Childish Gambino, Craig David etc

Or, it could be a mix of those while I listen to music as I work. 

If you were to look at my 'Random' Spotify playlist, it has 500 songs of all kinds of music in there. It's got my favourite ever songs in it, new music or just easy listening stuff. I just keep adding to it or removing songs from it if I get bored. 

Favourite genre would be Alternative or Rock, probably. 

Mate, that is all pop music! My tastes in music probably just scrap on by 'alernative'. I know some obscure music but even by large standards it's pretty well known. The latest gem I discovered is 'Thousand Knives of Ryuichi Sakomoto'. I'm sure anyone with any sort of knowledge of electronic music knows him and Yellow Man Orcehstra but for me, this opens a new world of electronica.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Dislike metal but respect the skill level.

:congrats:Can't fault you for disliking metal even though I love it - music is art, and everyone's got different taste in art and all that shite. But it does bother me when people who aren't into metal are like "it's just noise!!" to some bands that have some incredibly technically adept musicians making that noise. So I've gotta respect you for being able to respect the skill.

It's like electronic music and shite like that. I can't really get into it and I don't really know what actually goes into making the songs... but I'm not going to go around calling the people who make that music untalented just because I don't understand the process. I imagine they do a lot of studio work in shaping their sound and if any of you have ever done any studio work you'll know it's not the easiest thing in the world by a long shot.

I have such a broad range in taste it would be near impossible to pin me down on any one or two particular types... My old man used to listen to a lot of Country music and my Mother used to love her Elvis so had a bit of a mixed selection there... I really got heavily into music once the Punk scene exploded really, So many decent bands came out of that... I used to get moaned at by girls I brought round the house because they would always start complaining that I only had Punk stuff so I started collecting the more pop related tracks that had dropped out of the charts when they were about 50p each to keep them happy and found there were a few songs and groups that were ok..

I find that my tastes change all the time and I like all sorts these days, Rock, Metal, Punk, Pop, Reggae, Soul, Electronic or even Orchestral.. If it moves me then it gets my time.. I also enjoy different types of music depending on what mood I am in.. As has already been mentioned I can't say I have a lot of time for that excessive Heavy Metal screaming or even some Rap tracks and not over keen on that really quick high paced repetitive techno.. Love so much stuff from the 60's all the way through to recent times... 

16 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

This is more my sort of music i enjoy most along with Entombed, Morbid Angel, Pantera, Sepultura, Obituary,  Death, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Anthrax, Slayer, 80's Metallica

Carcass is one of my favourite bands and Bill Steer is a fucking fantastic guitarist.

Archived