talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane Possibly Out Til May With Ankle Ligament Damage

• Administrator

How will this affect Tottenham going forward? 

Opens the door for the likes of Aguero and Salah to seal the Golden Boot but can Tottenham still secure top 4 without him?

Biggest games he'll miss are against Chelsea away on 1st April and then Man City at home on 14th April. And the FA Cup run if they beat Swansea at the weekend.

(I've no doubt that if he is out til May, he returns against us on the last day of the season and bangs in about 5 goals). 

afc-bournemouth-v-tottenham-hotspur-prem

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

He hasn't even had the scan yet Stan - and whilst it's entirely possible this turns out to be the case, they are just guessing. Lets not give credence to our utterly unreliable press just yet.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Storts said:

He hasn't even had the scan yet Stan - and whilst it's entirely possible this turns out to be the case, they are just guessing. Lets not give credence to our utterly unreliable press just yet.

HE'S OUT FOR THE SEASON STORTS. 

Just preparing you for the worst before the breakdown happens. 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Stan said:

HE'S OUT FOR THE SEASON STORTS. 

Just preparing you for the worst before the breakdown happens. 

Not overly concerned. The squad depth now is so much better than in previous years. Son up front and Lamela and Moura alternating to fill in.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I heard earlier that Spurs could lose Son for upto 2 years as well due to National Military commitments. 

Yeah I said this the other day - it’s why he won’t be leaving us, no one will pay big money for him whilst it is hanging over him. He doesn’t need to do it until he’s 33 at the latest though, has to be done by the age of 35. Or he can get exemption if we allow him to play in the Asian Games in September and they win. That’s the best alternative for me

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Not overly concerned. The squad depth now is so much better than in previous years. Son up front and Lamela and Moura alternating to fill in.

He's a big miss though mate. Even as Arsenal I would have him in a a second. Bad news for England as well

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He's a big miss though mate. Even as Arsenal I would have him in a a second. Bad news for England as well

Of course, he’s one of the best strikers in Europe. Any team would miss him. 

Doesnt mean I don’t think we can cope though. 

Tottenham may be thin on the ground for strikers if this is actually true but they’ve still got numerous attacking players and they don’t struggle for chances. It’ll be a struggle for them, as it would losing any player of Kane’s quality, but I wouldn’t write them off completely. 

52 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah but the top 4 is very competive. That could be the difference. You've still go a very strong squad but he is a massive player to be missing. You'll still finish above us though ¬¬

• Subscriber

Had his scan - some ligament damage but Spurs consider this like the one against Millwall last year rather than the Sunderland one. Last time he missed 3 games - I think he will be out for Chelsea and Swansea, possibly on the bench for Stoke and fit for City. Fingers crossed anyway.

4 hours ago, Storts said:

I agree with this outlook.

Obviously any team would find it shit to lose a player of his caliber. Because he's a great player. But at the same time, Spurs have depth and if last season was an indication, they've shown they can cope with him out of the side in the short term.

Archived