talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League 2017/18 - Quarter-Final Draw

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I'm confident will can beat Man City over two legs, The second leg is at Anfield as well which should be an incredible night.

It's at Anfield first leg.

I just don't see Liverpool beating Manchester City by a comprehensive enough scoreline, if at all, to to go the etihad in a decent enough position. Could be wrong but they're a massively superior side for me.

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Superior side in league terms, but over a two leg affair, it's anyones game in my opinion. League form goes out the window. 

both coaches are well versed in the UCL.   Pep having won it while Klopp being the bride's maid with his Dortmund in 2013.    I guess the deciding factor would be who's players are more passionate and more hungry for this UCL crown.    Or who's players are sissy enough to crack under pressure ..

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

City, Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona to progress although the Champions League does have a funny way about throwing up a surprise. 

but my sentimental side is cheering for Buffon.   no World Cup this year for him.   Winning the UCL ( the only trophy lacking in his cabinet ) would be the best way to retire.

• Subscriber

I said earlier i wanted to avoid Liverpool and Barca the most. I think they've got a good shot to take down City for the same reason, I dont think City's defence is good enough and If you try to go shot for shot I think they'll get sunk.

One things for sure this is going to be a top class draw for us neutrals. 

City are a better more rounded team and should go through if both teams play to their potential. 

If their defence though has an off day against our attack on a good day then we are all in for a proper cracking tie. 

This should have been a semi or even a final. 

Worth bearing in mind that Klopp has a very good record in head to heads against Pep.  

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

City are a better more rounded team and should go through if both teams play to their potential. 

If their defence though has an off day against our attack on a good day then we are all in for a proper cracking tie. 

This should have been a semi or even a final. 

Worth bearing in mind that Klopp has a very good record in head to heads against Pep.  

You and City would be England's best bet against some of the big guns remaining mate. 

Barça and Bayern through, there won't be any surprises there.

Real got the worst possible draw they could have got. They've had the upper hand over Juventus in finals, twice, but over two legs the story changes and Juventus went through the last couple of times they've faced each other. Still, like Cannabis said, I wouldn't be suprised to see Real go on and win the Champions League for a straight third time.

As for the English affair, and although we just got spanked by them, I would like to see Liverpool knocking out City. 

It's lucky that Atletico are out as they will have had the same ball as Roma and if not Roma, then Chelsea. They are the worst side to play against in this for Barcelona.

Roma is a good draw, not because they are the "easiest" but it's something new and refreshing to be honest from the rest of the teams.

Juve may go up as favourites but Real Madrid have Cristiano Ronaldo and at this stage the man is fucking lethal. Came alive last season exactly when his team needed him to, one of the greats of the sport and this competition. It doesn't matter how bad Real Madrid maybe, or how good Juve maybe, it's how they nullify Ronaldo because if they don't he will send Real Madrid through.

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Roma is a good draw, not because they are the "easiest" but it's something new and refreshing to be honest from the rest of the teams.

We handled them pretty easily the last time mate. 6-1 at home and 1-1 away. (Florenzi goal in the latter)

We're already in the semis: in the past 10+ years when Barca haven't won it, all teams that beat us have invariably made the Final. Does anyone really think AS Roma can beat the likes of Madrid, Juve, Bayern and City in the semis should they get past us? I don't think so.

Agree with @Cannabis: The other semifinalists are Madrid, Bayern and City. Really want Juve to beat Madrid for Buffon and Italia but Ronaldo and Madrid have that secret blend of special sauce in this tournament.

Camp Nou:

Stadio Olimpico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Aoq6Te2Nk

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Juve may go up as favourites but Real Madrid have Cristiano Ronaldo and at this stage the man is fucking lethal. Came alive last season exactly when his team needed him to, one of the greats of the sport and this competition. It doesn't matter how bad Real Madrid maybe, or how good Juve maybe, it's how they nullify Ronaldo because if they don't he will send Real Madrid through.

agree.   

we're all puzzled to why he suddenly hit top form this 2018.      it'll be painful  for me if Real lose to Juventus and Juventus getting knocked out in the Semis or lose in the Finals.   Let Buffon lift that ucl trophy for once damn it haha

• The topic was unpinned

Archived