talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Andrés Iniesta - Life in Japan

Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta says he is contemplating a move to China at the end of the season.

The 33-year-old has spent his entire career at Barcelona, but admitted a switch is a possibility after returning from a hamstring injury in Wednesday night's 3-0 win over Chelsea at the Nou Camp.

"Before April 30 I have to make the decision whether I'm still in Barcelona or I'm going to China. I have to assess what is best for me and for the club," he said.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I announced this in the Barcelona discussion thread last night when Iniesta left doubts  as to his future at the club in a post match interview.  It's not just China but also David Beckham's project in the US and also New York City FC who have offered him what would apparently be the biggest ever salary in history in the US where football is concerned.

11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Don't sully yourself. I've always thought Iniesta plays for free anyway.

At least it'd better than the greasy gargoyle Xavi taking Qatari money.

I see these "playing for free" comments popping up since I even joined the previous forum we were all at and to be honest I don't know where the root is or if it's some sort of joke.  What Barcelona player has ever played for free? xD

Infact 70% of Barça's annual income is spent on wages because they're enormous.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

I was joking. Iniesta just seems like a sound fella, unlike Xavi.

Iniesta is certainly very different to Xavi but then again Iniesta is completely different to most elite footballers.  He is in no way your typical celebrity.  Even for his wedding two years back he didn't want any press coverage at all and kept it very private...  In the end he was put under so much pressure that he offered a series of photos.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Iniesta is certainly very different to Xavi but then again Iniesta is completely different to most elite footballers.  He is in no way your typical celebrity.  Even for his wedding two years back he didn't want any press coverage at all and kept it very private...  In the end he was put under so much pressure that he offered a series of photos.

So not like your typical celebrity but then selling wedding photos like your typical celebrity.  

Just now, HK85 said:

So not like your typical celebrity but then selling wedding photos like your typical celebrity.  

No, typical celebrities sell exclusivity to a magazine (Hello type stuff) etc...

He offered a series of photos via his social media.

Trust me, he is rather different in that sense and is one of the things that endears him to so many fans of other clubs in Spain where he's applauded.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No, typical celebrities sell exclusivity to a magazine (Hello type stuff) etc...

He offered a series of photos via his social media.

Trust me, he is rather different in that sense and is one of the things that endears him to so many fans of other clubs in Spain where he's applauded.

So he didn't even get paid? 

What a fool. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Don't sully yourself. I've always thought Iniesta plays for free anyway.

At least it'd better than the greasy gargoyle Xavi taking Qatari money.

xD

Here's me thinking only Fusion and I understood this 'inside joke'. 

Beat me to the punch 

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I see these "playing for free" comments popping up since I even joined the previous forum we were all at and to be honest I don't know where the root is or if it's some sort of joke.  What Barcelona player has ever played for free? xD

Infact 70% of Barça's annual income is spent on wages because they're enormous.

They say it because that kid from Trinidad and Tobago said that Xavi, Messi and Iniesta would play for free at Barcelona.

28 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They say it because that kid from Trinidad and Tobago said that Xavi, Messi and Iniesta would play for free at Barcelona.

Was he joking or did he believe that absurdity and base it on something?

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nah, he was serious.

So he thought there were players at Barça playing for free then.  What were those players' families meant to be living off?  Were they getting food at food banks or maybe their families were helping out the poor souls.

I sometimes wonder what schools teach some kids.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So he thought there were players at Barça playing for free then.  What were those players' families meant to be living off?  Were they getting food at food banks or maybe their families were helping out the poor souls.

I sometimes wonder what schools teach some kids.

Nah he was going off on how brilliant Messi and Iniesta were. Think someone mentioned the possibility of them leaving Barcelona and he said something along the lines of 'given the chance, Iniesta and Messi would play for free if they wanted to. They love football and Barca that much'. 

Fusion and I took the piss out of that ever since. 

Was that guy from Trinidad? I thought this was that spanish guy who lives in the US/Canada whose uncle has season tickets with barcelona and has some sort of political connections back there. Maybe Im confusing between two different guys.

1 minute ago, Asura said:

Was that guy from Trinidad? I thought this was that spanish guy who lives in the US/Canada whose uncle has season tickets with barcelona and has some sort of political connections back there. Maybe Im confusing between two different guys.

No way... The guy you're talking about I fished him out for his lies.  That guy was all over the place with all sorts of fables... xD

Cant remember his Nick though.

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nah he was going off on how brilliant Messi and Iniesta were. Think someone mentioned the possibility of them leaving Barcelona and he said something along the lines of 'given the chance, Iniesta and Messi would play for free if they wanted to. They love football and Barca that much'. 

Fusion and I took the piss out of that ever since. 

Oh right, I get it.  Even so it's a ridiculous thing to write and believe because I suppose and expect he believed such a thing.  Oh my word! o.O

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No way... The guy you're talking about I fished him out for his lies.  That guy was all over the place with all sorts of fables... xD

Cant remember his Nick though.

Yeah mate, I know him and I know you caught his lies about some spanish politicians or some sorts and his season ticket. I also know about this Iniesta playing for free post but I was thinking its the same guy, may be im wrong. My memory is horrible anyways

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I'm probably much older than you so I have an excuse for this... What's your excuse? xD;)

wanted to say i follow arsenal, but you are a season ticket holder and I cant beat that. So I have no excuses I guess xD

25 minutes ago, Asura said:

Yeah mate, I know him and I know you caught his lies about some spanish politicians or some sorts and his season ticket. I also know about this Iniesta playing for free post but I was thinking its the same guy, may be im wrong. My memory is horrible anyways

Don't think so. His name was Mehdi or something. 

I remember when Chucho benitez died, and he made a joke in the FIFA section that he signed him in his career mode shortly before he died. To which @Stan called him hilarious. 

I remember everything. 

Archived