talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Andrés Iniesta - Life in Japan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The dodgy red,as a result of Iniesta overselling it,has nothing to do with it...

For me it's the same playing in Bilbao as it is playing at Atlético Madrid's ground--Iniesta

Thats deeper than football...hurtful words to the people of that region.

It's ridiculous considering that both Athletic Bilbao and Atlético Madrid share a reason for their colours which actually makes Iniesta correct.  Secondly and most importantly... In everyday life if you know someone that has forever been respectful without hardly ever putting a foot out of line in that respect.  If that person one day comes out with what seems like an unusually abrasive comment for them, I personally sit up and listen because there's probably a particular reason as to why they're saying it. It's not like a Guti or Stoichkov type personality saying something like this, is it.

With the 2-4 on the scoreboard which not only meant Barça were already confirmed as Champions of Spain, but also that Deportivo La Coruña's fate had been sealed with relegation to La Liga 1|2|3 (Spain's second division), Iniesta comes on for the final 4 minutes and the Riazor faithful give Don Andrés a standing ovation in respect.  True football fans!

51 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

He will go to China or the Middles east like the other greedy Catalans, Guardiola and Xavi.

He’s not Catalan though. He’s Manchego. The thinking behind wherever he goes is to promote his wine outside Europe because in our continent and the US it’s selling very well and winning awards. 

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He’s not Catalan though. He’s Manchego. The thinking behind wherever he goes is to promote his wine outside Europe because in our continent and the US it’s selling very well and winning awards. 

I was just joking xD   but I do think he will go to China. 

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Manchego.jpg

According to inside information Iniesta's supposed move to China was pure speculation from certain press cores in Spain because they had been informed of his entourage speaking to certain Chinese magnates.  According to the info it's come to light that is was all due to the owner of Chongqing Lifan who has Iniesta has interests in their business areas.

Iniesta's possible continuance of his playing career is totally unknown right now but now speculation (from the same sources as before) have said it could be Japan as they have information that Iniesta's people have been talking to certain owners of Japanese clubs for the same amount of time he's been talking to the Chinese ones. O.o

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

According to inside information Iniesta's supposed move to China was pure speculation from certain press cores in Spain because they had been informed of his entourage speaking to certain Chinese magnates.  According to the info it's come to light that is was all due to the owner of Chongqing Lifan who has Iniesta has interests in their business areas.

Iniesta's possible continuance of his playing career is totally unknown right now but now speculation (from the same sources as before) have said it could be Japan as they have information that Iniesta's people have been talking to certain owners of Japanese clubs for the same amount of time he's been talking to the Chinese ones. O.o

Japan makes sense. 

Iniesta's Captain Tsubasa shirt

14 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Australia I hear is also an option. I would love to see him in the A-League and I think if he's trying to wind down, he should go there instead of Japan. The J-League is a much higher standard.

I doubt it'll happen though. The only teams I could see him playing at in Oz are Melbourne City or Sydney FC. The former has loads of money, the latter has been good at making marquee signings.

31 minutes ago, Blue said:

Australia I hear is also an option. I would love to see him in the A-League and I think if he's trying to wind down, he should go there instead of Japan. The J-League is a much higher standard.

I doubt it'll happen though. The only teams I could see him playing at in Oz are Melbourne City or Sydney FC. The former has loads of money, the latter has been good at making marquee signings.

The thing is that Iniesta has called it a day in European football WAY too early!  He's got a lot left in the tank and add to that the fact he's always taken care of himself, is a family man and only breathes and lives football... All of that spells longevity!  My dream would be to see him either in Argentina or Brazil, but for some reason these things don't happen with European players. Mexico maximum with players like Míchel, Butragueño and Bakero to name some iconic Spanish players of the past.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The thing is that Iniesta has called it a day in European football WAY too early!  He's got a lot left in the tank and add to that the fact he's always taken care of himself, is a family man and only breathes and lives football... All of that spells longevity!  My dream would be to see him either in Argentina or Brazil, but for some reason these things don't happen with European players. Mexico maximum with players like Míchel, Butragueño and Bakero to name some iconic Spanish players of the past.

I myself said that he could still play in Argentina. I think Brazil is a bit tough to be honest because they speak Portuguese and there are too many games in the season. Down here, he would be one of the better players at club level. If Asia is his choice though, then I would rather Australia than Japan for purely selfish reasons.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I myself said that he could still play in Argentina. I think Brazil is a bit tough to be honest because they speak Portuguese and there are too many games in the season. Down here, he would be one of the better players at club level. If Asia is his choice though, then I would rather Australia than Japan for purely selfish reasons.

I can see him wearing the River shirt and being something special in América Latina.  It would be the perfect end for someone as special as he is. Look at his performance in the Copa del Rey Final two weeks ago... He's got a lot left and he is one of the few fantasía players left in the game.

Happy 34th Birthday to Don Andres Iniesta!

If Xavi and Iniesta's ages at "retirement" (35 and 34 respectively) are anything to go by we only have 4-5 years more of Messi at the top level. Let's enjoy them while we can.

I have a deep abiding love for Barca. I wasn't born a Barca supporter (I wasn't born 5 years old!) but I will most assuredly die a cule.

It would be a privilege and a dream come true to see Messi at the Camp Nou before he retires. His football touches the heart and soul.

"Messi es un perro. O un hombre perro."

Archived