talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 15th March - Arsenal (2) - (0) AC Milan (2nd Leg)

Just now, Asura said:

If there was VAR today, the penalty call would have been ruled out. Literally everyone else knows that its a dive after one quick replay that took about 5 seconds, a typical time length of a throw in or a reset after a foul.  But keep claiming your agenda against how VAR doesnt fix anything.

No it likely wouldn't have. Want to know how I know? Because in the patterns I've noticed, they correct one decision, and then get 2 wrong. There is a 33% chance (estimated) that the decision would have been correct.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm not watching the game but I did see the penalty. Embarrassing call, yes. However I really hate it when someone claims there was a "robbery" and starts going with what ifs. They don't exist! If the referee has given it early in the game, its your own fault for not winning it in the later minutes. VAR isn't the solution either as with it that still would have been the final decision. Football is corrupt, fact of the matter. However, the game is won on the pitch and you need to be wary that a grotesque error by the referee could be within distance. They are a part of the game.

If Milan lose because of this, its still nobody elses fault other than theirs. They likely needed 3 goals anyways.

HAHAHAHAHAHA VAR 100% reverses that decision. 

Don't be so blinkered. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

No it likely wouldn't have. Want to know how I know? Because in the patterns I've noticed, they correct one decision, and then get 2 wrong. There is a 33% chance (estimated) that the decision would have been correct.

Again, HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT IS THIS EVEN BASED ON. 

pure speculation and totally random stats. 

Just now, Stan said:

Again, HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT IS THIS EVEN BASED ON. 

pure speculation and totally random stats. 

Its an estimate.

My point was though, football is corrupt and if we have mistakes now without VAR, we have them with it and this is all within the execution. It will never get better, and forgetting the whole human instinct thing it could be a good thing. However, it will always be poorly executed. If you've noticed any patterns with how FIFA run things what makes you think they'll get this right?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA VAR 100% reverses that decision. 

Don't be so blinkered. 

Hmmm VAR always gets decisions right

Makes you wonder doesn't it? I think you're the one thats blinkered. Expecting VAR to walk in and everything be perfect. And this is one of many glorious examples.

• Administrator

Because VAR has been used in games correctly and its got to the right decision? 

The fact you'll say 'it'll never get better' really does mean there's no point debating with you cos there's literally no wavering from your viewpoint. I can at least admit VAR has some work to do but over time it will get better and prove beneficial. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Hmmm VAR always gets decisions right

Makes you wonder doesn't it? I think you're the one thats blinkered. Expecting VAR to walk in and everything be perfect. And this is one of many glorious examples.

Literally just said it won't be perfect and have said before it's not perfect. Also where did I say it will always get things right? 

In that Welbeck incident, that definitely gets reversed. 

Just now, Stan said:

Because VAR has been used in games correctly and its got to the right decision? 

The fact you'll say 'it'll never get better' really does mean there's no point debating with you cos there's literally no wavering from your viewpoint. I can at least admit VAR has some work to do but over time it will get better and prove beneficial. 

Don't debate about it with me then, but you're getting your expectations up too much. If football was run by actually elegant and intelligent people instead of the crooks we have, I could actually vouch by giving it time if I ignored the whole "human instinct" aspect. We are run by crooks and stubborn people. VAR so far has been a flop in the CWC, in the A-League, in the Libertadores and I've seen people complain about it in the PL and the Bundesliga. It hasn't improved much either since that incident with Kashima in my opinion.

It can get decisions right yes, but most of the time that I've seen, they have been wrong. Even in the ones that have been right, its been inconsistent. I think River - Lanus sums this up perfectly. Lanus got a correctly called penalty due to VAR, but they also got fouled a lot as well as a lot of decisions that VAR wouldn't check.

Its not improved much at all since its integration and that's because the sport is run by crooks who think the system is fine as it is. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

In that Welbeck incident, that definitely gets reversed. 

That's up for debate but there was also a huge chance it didn't based on patterns.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Also, regarding your (wild) 'estimate' that's purely on games you've seen. Which, recently, you seem never to have time to do so xD

Most of the games I "didn't" see (claimed to) have been non VAR games, so those don't count xD

What does VAR have to do with that?

Needless fouls in a game should be based upon the decision of the official, as continuing to stop for every foul just to check what VAR tells us would be ridiculous. VAR's implementation are situations that lead to a team scoring. Whether it be handball in the box, offsides goals, fouls in the box, etc. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Fouls in a game should be based upon the decision of the official, as continuing to stop for every foul just to check was VAR tells us would be ridiculous. VAR's implementation are situations that lead to a team scoring. Whether it be handball in the box, offsides goals, fouls in the box, etc. 

Well it was a foul in the box, so...

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Needless fouls in a game should be based upon the decision of the official, as continuing to stop for every foul just to check what VAR tells us would be ridiculous. VAR's implementation are situations that lead to a team scoring. Whether it be handball in the box, offsides goals, fouls in the box, etc. 

Fouls could result in "red cards" too. That wasn't what I meant with that though.

Shame Arsenal are winning but Milans game has been far too error prone, their keeper has been palming the ball away all game so only a matter of time before he makes a mistake.

Suso has been naff, Bonucci wondering why the fuck he left Juventus.

You could argue that penalty decision took the wind out of Milan's sails somewhat, but there's no doubt that Arsenal were the better side over the two legs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Arsenal win this actually. They're probably the best side in the competition who won't qualify for the Champions League via their domestic league, and I'd much rather see a half decent team in the main competition next year than whichever part timers we'd see otherwise. It would also mean 4 more years of Wenger, which would of course be hilarious

• The topic was unpinned

Archived