talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't regard him as the best in Serie A just yet, and probably won't be in Italy much longer, but he has been very impressive this season.

Another player that has come through Genk, who must have some scouting network to see all these players.

I've seen a few English based fans/journalists refer to him as a defensive midfielder, which makes me question whether they actually have watched Lazio. Just because he's a rather large human being doesn't automatically make him like Matic.

My fear is that he goes somewhere (although him leaving Lazio would be great... ^_^), and he is then misused and not given the freedom.

On 3/16/2018 at 02:46, Danny said:

Has Jose Mourinho written all over him being 8ft tall

Except he has the technical abiliity of Iniesta and loves to drive forward. 

Mourinho likes all brawn but no brain. 

On 3/16/2018 at 02:29, ScoRoss said:

I wouldn't regard him as the best in Serie A just yet, and probably won't be in Italy much longer, but he has been very impressive this season.

Another player that has come through Genk, who must have some scouting network to see all these players.

I've seen a few English based fans/journalists refer to him as a defensive midfielder, which makes me question whether they actually have watched Lazio. Just because he's a rather large human being doesn't automatically make him like Matic.

My fear is that he goes somewhere (although him leaving Lazio would be great... ^_^), and he is then misused and not given the freedom.

The problem I find with the English media and fans is that they tend to call any midfielder that is adequate at defending a 'defensive midfielder'. I remember people calling Micael Essien a defensive midfielder!

Archived