Sporting Lisbon

Lazio 

RB Leipzig

Marseille

Arsenal/AC Milan 

Lyon/CSKA Moscow 

Salzburg/Dortmund 

Draw tomorrow at 12pm

Arsenal, CSKA Moscow & RB Salzburg now through. Lyon will be disappointed having shit the bed here.

Atletico definitely the team to avoid. After that Lazio probably the most difficult.

Got to avoid Atlético Madrid who are ripping everyone apart all over the place over the past two months and Lazio are also a very good side... Both of those would rip us apart.  Then there are a few others that will give us more than just a good game with an uncertain outcome like Marseille and Leipzig.

Anything else and we have another Milan on our hands and look certain to go through. Oh, that only leaves Salzburg, CSKA and Sporting Lisbon.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Got to avoid Atlético Madrid who are ripping everyone apart all over the place over the past two months and Lazio are also a very good side... Both of those would rip us apart.  Then there are a few others that will give us more than just a good game with an uncertain outcome like Marseille and Leipzig.

Anything else and we have another Milan on our hands and look certain to go through. Oh, that only leaves Salzburg, CSKA and Sporting Lisbon.

I would pick out Salzburg to be honest. if Ostersunds put in a good game, I can only imagine what Salzburg would do. They aren't a great "team" but they have some future talent that can definitely bother the bigger teams. In other words, I wouldn't sleep on them. Especially for a team like Arsenal.

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nice trip to Russia for Arsenal, be interesting to see their reception in the current climate.

Due to this not being international football and on the main club football doesn't carry too much politicisation, this won't be affected and CSKA are one of the easiest in the pot from which we could've been paired with.  We were very lucky indeed!

International football and what that represents is where what's going on is very sensitive I would say.  After what happened last week, I wouldn't want my country as a national representation stepping foot on Russian soil until everything is sorted.

Should get things done in the first leg. Away to CSKA in the second leg needing a result isn't ideal. I'd expect ourselves, Atletico Madrid & Lazio to go through without many problems. Leipzig/Marseille could go either way.

If Atletico cant win this competition, they have to be the biggest bottlers in europe ( I know they won Europa once few years ago, but still) , cant see anyone beating them overall to be honest. 

End of the road for Sporting. After almost bottling it against Plzen, Atlético are just too strong for them at the moment. 

Arsenal, Marseille and Lazio to complete the last four.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived