talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Besiktas Charged by UEFA After a Cat Ran on to the Pitch

football forum

Besiktas have been charged by UEFA after a cat was allowed onto the pitch at Vodafone Park in their Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich.

The last-16 tie was interrupted on Wednesday night when the cat made its way onto the pitch shortly after half-time during the 2-1 win for Bayern.

Besiktas were charged by UEFA on Thursday for insufficient organisation (animal on to the field of play), and could also face further punishment for allowing objects to be thrown from the stands and also permitting blocked stairways.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Objects being thrown and blocking fire exits/stairways I can understand but what can you do about a cat getting on the pitch?? seriously

Let's go mad and start fining clubs for allowing pigeons to fly overhead while the game is taking place... I can imagine someone like Ronaldo having a complete and utter meltdown if he got pigeon shit in his hair...  

• Administrator
12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What are they going to do about that Greek club that allowed their gun wielding owner onto the pitch last week then.

a bye in to the group stages next season.

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

To be fair it was interfering with play.

cat-invades-football-match_759_fcbayerne

It was hardly Catatstrophic though was it... He had a few decent moments in the game, some of his passing was not Purrfect I will grant you but he had the right Catitude going in to the game from the outset... couldn't ask for more than that could you? 

"Paw-lease."

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It was hardly Catatstrophic though was it... He had a few decent moments in the game, some of his passing was not Purrfect I will grant you but he had the right Catitude going in to the game from the outset... couldn't ask for more than that could you? 

oh dear

grumpy-cat.gif

Archived