The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Saturday 17th March, 2018

football forum

• Administrator

all 3pm kick-offs

Bournemouth vs West Brom
Huddersfield vs Crystal Palace
Stoke vs Everton

Should be a highly entertaining couple of hours in the Premier League...

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We're shite away from home but Stoke are almost as shite in general so we could sneak this. Not getting my hopes up and I won't be surprised if we lose but I will be absolutely fuming because these have nothing about them.

• Subscriber

Decent start from us here. Stoke look a threat in the final third but nervous on the ball in the middle of the pitch. There for the taking if we don't suddenly remember how hopeless we are supposed to be on the road.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Adam puts in a dangerous tackle on Rooney which may be a red card offence but Shaqiri gets shown a red instead. :dam:

VAR is shite though and ruins football.

Christ. 

The refereeing in this country is the absolute pits xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Adam puts in a dangerous tackle on Rooney which may be a red card offence but Shaqiri gets shown a red instead. :dam:

VAR is shite though and ruins football.

wtf VAR isn't even used in Premier League yet?

Adam got sent off? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

wtf VAR isn't even used in Premier League yet?

Adam got sent off? 

Looks like the referee initially sent off Shaqiri but Adam left the pitch. Don't know what happened in between but Shaqiri is still on.

My argument was that if he had sent off Shaqiri by accident VAR could have corrected it yet people don't want it in the Premier League. Looks like the officials got there though.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Looks like the referee initially sent off Shaqiri but Adam left the pitch. Don't know what happened in between but Shaqiri is still on.

My argument was that if he had sent off Shaqiri by accident VAR could have corrected it yet people don't want it in the Premier League. Looks like the officials got there though.

ohhh. I was gonna say I could have sworn you're more of a fan of VAR than not so that statement surprised me xD 

Apparently the snow is making visibility terrible up at Stoke. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

ohhh. I was gonna say I could have sworn you're more of a fan of VAR than not so that statement surprised me xD 

Apparently the snow is making visibility terrible up at Stoke. 

Yeah visibility was awful middle of the half. The snow has stopped but now one side of the pitch is green and the other white which is pretty horrible to try and watch.

• Administrator

just seen Stoke's line-up as well - how can you expect to win games when you start Glen Johnson, Charlie Adam and Peter Crouch - average age of about 35 :/

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yep Stoke deserve to go down just from the fact that they're an established Premier League side and they haven't improved on Adam, Johnson, Crouch, Shawcross etc. in that time.

Only so many times you can circle the plughole before getting sucked under. Sunderland last season, hopefully it's West Brom and Stoke now, then unfortunately us and Swansea next year. 

• Administrator

Goal West Brom!!

Gibbs crosses it to Rondon who heads it back to Rodriguez and after a couple of attempts he's able to break the deadlock. 

• Subscriber

Didn't think it was that bad at first but the other angle from behind shows even worse how he ends up going in further to the left than the ball was so he was intentionally trying to hurt the player.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Only so many times you can circle the plughole before getting sucked under. Sunderland last season, hopefully it's West Brom and Stoke now, then unfortunately us and Swansea next year. 

Hopefully Swansea and Bournemouth next season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived