talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Saturday 17th March, 2018

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You knew what you were getting with Sam. He's achieved his mission comfortably. Be grateful. 

You could argue that you've progressed enough as a football club for him to be given another year to further improve the squad too. 

Not a bad attempt xD. We've achieved what any competent manager would have achieved but Sam isn't staying to build this squad going forwards. January is looking a success to be fair with Walcott and Tosun making a positive difference and there have been some enjoyable moments since he took over in December but overall there's been a lot of one step forward two steps back.

The clubs stated ambition is to challenge the top six and we won't do that with Sam so we have to find someone who might.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Not a bad attempt xD. We've achieved what any competent manager would have achieved but Sam isn't staying to build this squad going forwards. January is looking a success to be fair with Walcott and Tosun making a positive difference and there have been some enjoyable moments since he took over in December but overall there's been a lot of one step forward two steps back.

The clubs stated ambition is to challenge the top six and we won't do that with Sam so we have to find someone who might.

he's quite clearly not going to stay beyond summer surely though?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

he's quite clearly not going to stay beyond summer surely though?

I doubt it but I'm not certain. Now that he's hit 40 points I can see him trying to win the fans over by playing a bit more offensive in the remaining games. Credit where credit is due, last two team selections have been spot on and got us six points whether today's was pretty or not.

Just got back from Huddersfield. Genuinely cannot believe how much it snowed.

Very impressed with our performance. My biggest complaint all season has been how slow we've been throughout 70%+ of our games. There wasn't that yesterday. We seemed to have a professional focus, possibly due to the embarrassment we suffered on the first game of the season. Wilfried Zaha added a pace and creativity that we've missed and Huddersfield couldn't cope with it. Whilst our more experienced assets (Luka, Tomkins and Townsend) really stepped up to the fore when we needed them too.

Huddersfield will be fine, I think if they were to drop in to the bottom three they'd get out of it very quickly as they seem to react better with their backs to the wall, but in all honesty they're not very good. The constant fouling, trips and hard tackles to slow down the play showed the gulf in quality between the two teams. Thank God Wilfried didn't get injured.

With Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton, Stoke and West Brom left to play i'm feeling quietly confident of our chances of survival this season.

Out game was what you expected, very scruffy with little quality (hard to in them conditions I suppose) but we took two of the chances we created. 

Seen it back and it's not a red card for Adam. A yellow, definitely. 

Tosun starting to look sharp in the box, now. So much better having a focal point there now.

Stoke looked poor, Lambert is going to have to get a lot of out those players to keep them up. 

• Subscriber
On 3/18/2018 at 18:37, The Palace Fan said:

Just got back from Huddersfield. Genuinely cannot believe how much it snowed.

Very impressed with our performance. My biggest complaint all season has been how slow we've been throughout 70%+ of our games. There wasn't that yesterday. We seemed to have a professional focus, possibly due to the embarrassment we suffered on the first game of the season. Wilfried Zaha added a pace and creativity that we've missed and Huddersfield couldn't cope with it. Whilst our more experienced assets (Luka, Tomkins and Townsend) really stepped up to the fore when we needed them too.

Huddersfield will be fine, I think if they were to drop in to the bottom three they'd get out of it very quickly as they seem to react better with their backs to the wall, but in all honesty they're not very good. The constant fouling, trips and hard tackles to slow down the play showed the gulf in quality between the two teams. Thank God Wilfried didn't get injured.

With Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton, Stoke and West Brom left to play i'm feeling quietly confident of our chances of survival this season.

Huddersfield in fairness are a side I can just about forgive for not being that good. They did brilliantly to come up and they'll do well to stay up too, and I think they will, just.

• Subscriber

Huddersfield and Brighton aren't much better viewing than the teams I constantly state I want to go down but they at least deserve a chance to show that they can continue to offer something to the league. Both have done better than most people would have expected so that's a good start.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived