talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

North America 2026 World Cup Bid Successful

On 10/06/2018 at 20:14, RandoEFC said:

I'd be quite happy with either of those outcomes. 

In general though I'm really not a fan of this increasing trend of these major tournaments being spread across several host countries. Having a host nation and getting stuck into their culture and being able to enjoy the festival like atmosphere in the host nation is one of the biggest appeals of a World Cup or a European Championship.

This is the natural approach to dealing with the exorbitant hosting costs.  .

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do all theee host countries get in automatically? 

I don’t like it for a few reasons. I don’t think there’s any need to spread it across 3 massive countries and USA had it in 1994 which is pretty recent in WC terms. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

The NAFTA World Cup. xD

Hopefully the final is played at Estadio Azteca. That is such an iconic stadium.

hopefully Canada smsand the usa aren't at war with each other by then... 🤔

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The NAFTA World Cup. xD

Hopefully the final is played at Estadio Azteca. That is such an iconic stadium.

that would be amazing. 

estadio_azteca02.jpg

That's on the bucket list. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Good outcome. I'll aspire to attend this one. My son will be 11 by then 🤔

Well assuming matches will be played here in Atlanta. I plan to open up the house in case any of you slags want to come to that game. 

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

Well assuming matches will be played here in Atlanta. I plan to open up the house in case any of you slags want to come to that game. 

i wanna be the first slag

@Eco , I think you´re running against Nashville, right? I´m not sure they´d want 2 hosts in the south and I´m pretty sure one Florida city at least will be chosen, considering the latino population there.

Montreal, Toronto, Guadalajara, Ciudad de México, Monterrey, then 11 eleven american cities. My guess: NYC, Orlando, Atlanta, Houston, LA, Seattle, Boston, DC, Philly, SF, KC.

DfkvDKEW0AA23MU.jpg:large

44 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

@Eco , I think you´re running against Nashville, right? I´m not sure they´d want 2 hosts in the south and I´m pretty sure one Florida city at least will be chosen, considering the latino population there.

Montreal, Toronto, Guadalajara, Ciudad de México, Monterrey, then 11 eleven american cities. My guess: NYC, Orlando, Atlanta, Houston, LA, Seattle, Boston, DC, Philly, SF, KC.

DfkvDKEW0AA23MU.jpg:large

The 11 American cities will surely be:

Seattle, LA, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Philly, Boston, DC, KC, NY

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

The NAFTA World Cup. xD

Everything from the Quarter Finals onwards is being played in America. 

MetLife Stadium in New Jersey is favourite to host the final.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

That's disheartening. You'd think they'd put the final in a city that is a leader in the league with MLS attendance. 

Atlanta leads the league in attendance, and has the largest airport in the world. This would seem the obvious choice. 

As a half Canadian, I am happy I will get to enjoy the World Cup from my home away from home. The bad news though, is that it will be the 48 team World Cup.

Also, what a farce North American qualifying will be with this.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

As a half Canadian, I am happy I will get to enjoy the World Cup from my home away from home. The bad news though, is that it will be the 48 team World Cup.

jlK40lP.jpg

• Administrator

such a huge area to have the World Cup.

Wasn't around for the 1994 tournament so don't know how they worked it there. 

How will it work logistically? Teams could have their base in New York, for example, but end up playing group games or knockout games in Edmonton or LA. 3-4 hours flight to play in a group game and then a few days later you could be playing back near home which is another 3-4 hours flight. 

As for the venues itself, Atlanta's new stadium should be holding some knockout games at the very least.

Just now, Cicero said:

jlK40lP.jpg

Haha I have lived there for 12 years.

I am Peruvian at birth and at heart, half Canadian by passport and by history I am English.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

O.o

1 minute ago, Stan said:

such a huge area to have the World Cup.

Wasn't around for the 1994 tournament so don't know how they worked it there. 

How will it work logistically? Teams could have their base in New York, for example, but end up playing group games or knockout games in Edmonton or LA. 3-4 hours flight to play in a group game and then a few days later you could be playing back near home which is another 3-4 hours flight. 

As for the venues itself, Atlanta's new stadium should be holding some knockout games at the very least.

Don't worry, we will get getting some big matches for sure. We have made so much noise since Atlanta United started with our attendance, new stadium, and atmosphere, that the organizers are licking their chops at the idea. 

Personally, for the Semis, I would put one in Atlanta, another in Seattle, with the final being in Mexico City at the Azteca. 

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Haha I have lived there for 12 years.

I am Peruvian at birth and at heart, half Canadian by passport and by history I am English.

Image result for no crying gif

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Image result for no crying gif

Huh?

My surname is English, although my parents and grandparents were born in Peru, past that is all England. Actually my grandmother is from Ipswich originally.

12 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Thanks, I didn´t know. Man, that would suck. The grass in that stadium is kinda strange, I dont know.

Seattle or Atlanta, in my opinion, would be better choices. Those two cities and Portland seem to have totally embraced the sport.  

Archived