talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

North America 2026 World Cup Bid Successful

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In seriousness, I think the Club World Cup needs to be hosted in a place with good marketing. Like ScoRoss said, in the USA wouldn't be bad because you have the South American team bringing fans, the European teams wanting to go as well as fans from the MLS (which do fill up most of the time) as well as the people who like European football which in the USA, there are a lot of.

Also, we are also surely guaranteed a Mexican side. With the amount of Mexicans in the USA, there is another plus. If a Mexican side does not win the NACL, then its likely another MLS side, which would be local. Its a win win situation.

There isn't a huge amount of interest in the CWC outside of South America and Asia, but bringing a side like Real Madrid to the states who fill up for friendlies is a great idea. Mexican locals can likely see their team and so can the MLS fans. The only 2 who "lose" are Africa and Asia really. Also Oceania I guess.

I can't stand the United States but I can't help but think for the CWC, its the best destination from a marketing standpoint.

It'd have to be done in Santa Clara or Miami though. New York is out of the question due to it being held during the winter.

I just think it could be in similar rotation to the World Cup, moving to a different continent each year. Frankly, at the very least would bring a bit of life into the tournament.

Imagine one of the European giants playing in South America.

Australia do have the stadiums but they'd have to put in some cricket grounds...do agree with Spike though can't see the AFL or NRL especially wanting to give up tv slots/match goers to allow a World Cup.

With that said, I think the NRL would be mad not to take advantage and do it on the basis that they get funding to improve the suburban stadiums. Homebush, Allianz and Parramatta already getting major upgrades but places like Manly and Cronulla could get in on the actions, plenty of other NRL clubs that could do with not being so reliant on the centralised stadiums.

In fact I reckon if some of the stadiums got an increase/upgrade then there'd be less need for the cricket grounds other than a few.

Any country that wouldn't want a World Cup due to holding other sports events at the same time has no right of holding one anyway. Give it to a proper footballing nation. 

Spain would be my choice. They have all the stadia, the passion is there, it's a nice country to be in, it's one where everyone would be up for going to unlike the last 2 and next one, where trying to round people up to go to them was/is impossible and it's a country that has brought tons to football. I'm not sure what the USA and Australia bring to the sport and why they would be more deserving than Spain, or of course England.  

England would obviously be a great choice itself but spending the summer abroad would be a better experience and Spain is the most accessible and ideal in this sense. Either way though, both countries would be highly deserving. It's been 52 years now since it was held here also. 

As for stadiums in Spain, Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Wanda, San Mames, Benito Villamarín... And by then there should be the new mestalla and Anoeta stadiums complete. Also Porto and Benfica could lend a hand if it was a joint bid with Portugal, which would also be a great idea. 

We will bid for the 2030 one along with Uruguay and also Paraguay that meddled in last year. Supposedly we have a good chance of hosting it as it's the 100 years anniversary of the first one hosted in Uruguay. Though this info was from last year and i don't know if there will be a problem now with both ones being in the Americas since 2026 probably will be in the US.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Any country that wouldn't want a World Cup due to holding other sports events at the same time has no right of holding one anyway. Give it to a proper footballing nation. 

Spain would be my choice. They have all the stadia, the passion is there, it's a nice country to be in, it's one where everyone would be up for going to unlike the last 2 and next one, where trying to round people up to go to them was/is impossible and it's a country that has brought tons to football. I'm not sure what the USA and Australia bring to the sport and why they would be more deserving than Spain, or of course England.  

England would obviously be a great choice itself but spending the summer abroad would be a better experience and Spain is the most accessible and ideal in this sense. Either way though, both countries would be highly deserving. It's been 52 years now since it was held here also. 

As for stadiums in Spain, Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Wanda, San Mames, Benito Villamarín... And by then there should be the new mestalla and Anoeta stadiums complete. Also Porto and Benfica could lend a hand if it was a joint bid with Portugal, which would also be a great idea. 

The joint bid from Spain and Portugal was based on exactly that at the time with all the infrastructure and resoucrces already placed and functioning to perfection so as to host a World Cup. Infact FIFA's written rules for a bid are first and foremost directed toward this issue of infrastructure and resources being there with fine tuning being given as development leverage for when the show finally gets underway.  Almost every winning bid over the past 15 to 20 years has broken those rules and have been based on backhanders.

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

We will bid for the 2030 one along with Uruguay and also Paraguay that meddled in last year. Supposedly we have a good chance of hosting it as it's the 100 years anniversary of the first one hosted in Uruguay. Though this info was from last year and i don't know if there will be a problem now with both ones being in the Americas since 2026 probably will be in the US.

I would love to see an Argentina/Uruguay joint bid be successful.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I would love to see an Argentina/Uruguay joint bid be successful.

2026: España/Portugal or England

2030: Argentina/Uruguay

They would be brilliant and all these countries could pretty much host one tomorrow. Australia itself would be able to themselves but the problem is, if the majority of their people would rather watch Aussie rules around that time then it should be held in a country where the people would give their right arm to have it in their country. The ones above fall into this category.

44 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

2016: España/Portugal or England

2030: Argentina/Uruguay

They would be brilliant and all these countries could pretty much host one tomorrow. Australia itself would be able to themselves but the problem is, if the majority of their people would rather watch Aussie rules around that time then it should be held in a country where the people would give their right arm to have it in their country. The ones above fall into this category.

All of those would be brilliant and would suit me.  I've never been to Australia but my brother has and he loved it, so I would kill two birds with one stone on that one.  A World Cup and visiting one of the most unique countries on the planet.

England... Well, I live here, so I would have everything comfortable to live it to the max plus this is a footballing nation which means it will be organised amazingly well.

Argentina/Uruguay... Been to both nations and have family in Argentina, but I would return for a World Cup and nobody can deny that the passion for football in both Argentina and Uruguay is probably the biggest on the planet along with Brazil.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

All of those would be brilliant and would suit me.  I've never been to Australia but my brother has and he loved it, so I would kill two birds with one stone on that one.  A World Cup and visiting one of the most unique countries on the planet.

England... Well, I live here, so I would have everything comfortable to live it to the max plus this is a footballing nation which means it will be organised amazingly well.

Argentina/Uruguay... Been to both nations and have family in Argentina, but I would return for a World Cup and nobody can deny that the passion for football in both Argentina and Uruguay is probably the biggest on the planet along with Brazil.

Australia instead of Qatar would make a lot of sense, then Spain followed by Argentina would be spot on. After that, maybe back to Africa, or even the US? T

Are we speaking of an Argentina/Uruguay joint World cup here  by the way? As  that wouldn't be a bad idea, nor would a Spain/Portugal joint bid.

59 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

2016: España/Portugal

As for a united Iberian Spain and Portugal World Cup... It would be a dream come true and although Spain have already had a World Cup in 1982, Portugal haven't and a footballing nation like theirs deserves a World Cup.  Everything is setup with marvellous stadiums like you mentioned in a previous post and also the Camp Nou would have its renewed version along with all those others.  The fastest train network in Europe (the world I think) with the AVE and of course, warm culture, weather and amazing food in both Spain and Portugal.

7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Australia instead of Qatar would make a lot of sense, then Spain followed by Argentina would be spot on. After that, maybe back to Africa, or even the US? T

Are we speaking of an Argentina/Uruguay joint World cup here  by the way? As  that wouldn't be a bad idea, nor would a Spain/Portugal joint bid.

What has a country like Qatar offered to football where it deserves a World Cup?

Everything about that World Cup (and I mean EVERYTHING) stinks.

Plenty of stadia mate and as you say, the laid back culture, the passion for football there and guaranteed warm weather at that time of the year make it the perfect destination to hold such a competition. It would translate onto the players on the pitch and make for a much better tournament. I could see many players not even feeling comfortable out in Qatar and this will affect their performances negatively. Also in recent years we've seen it held in countries(South Africa specifically) where they have had to knock homes down in the poorer communities and move these people out of their homes in order to build stadiums, etc. Stadiums which won't even be used much again.This wouldn't be the case in the countries we have mentioned though and it makes them more suitable to host such events.

I liked the idea of Brazil. It's the home of expressive football, it's the country you most admire as a kid and a footballing culture that stands out as much as any, if not more so. But it shouldn't have even been held there really, It wasn't the time and the people didn't want it. It was, however, a very good world cup compared to the previous 2 and went smoothly, but it just wasn't the time.

As for the stadia in Spain and Portugal:-

Camp Nou(Barcelona)

Bernabeu(Real Madrid)

Wanda Metropolitano(Atletico de Madrid)

Benito Villamarín(Real Betis)

San Mames(Athletic Bilbao)

Mestalla(Valencia)

El Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan(Sevilla)

RCDE Stadium(Espanyol)

Estadio da luz(Benfica)

Estadio Jose Alvalade(Sporting)

Estadio do Dragao(Porto)

Also the new Anoeta if it's going to be large enough?

FIFA president Gianni Infantino insists their bidding process for the 2026 World Cup is fair and transparent.

The governing body stated it had received one bid from Morocco and a joint bid from the United States, Canada and Mexico.

Infantino's response came after Moroccan bid chairman Moulay Hafid Elalamy discussed the prospect of the FIFA president privately backing their opposition at a briefing in Casablanca.

It'll probably end up in China soon.

Would love it in England, how the Yanks could get one before England or Spain for example is mad. If you're going to go that recent, give it to Italy! What a boost to Italian football that'd be.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

I'd be quite happy with either of those outcomes. 

In general though I'm really not a fan of this increasing trend of these major tournaments being spread across several host countries. Having a host nation and getting stuck into their culture and being able to enjoy the festival like atmosphere in the host nation is one of the biggest appeals of a World Cup or a European Championship.

• The title was changed to North America 2026 World Cup Bid Successful

Archived