The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 17-21st March, 2018

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

7 days ago I was looking to be proved wrong about Bruce, turns out I wasn’t I was on the money all along completely inept at times, utter joke

sure it's not just a case of confirmation bias there?! 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

sure it's not just a case of confirmation bias there?! 

No it’s really not he’s just demonstrating once again his inability to read a game and make a tactical adjustment. His substitutions are mike Bassett like it’s a fucking farce I’ve been right all along. It was demonstrated against Wolves we’ve got the squad to do this league but we’ll finish 4-5th and get stuffed by Fulham because in 2018 the sum amount of tactical know how Steve cunt face Bruce brings to the table is “play it long” & “get stuck in”. 

I called this farce back in October 

19 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

We have been playing quite well to be honest but I'm never confident when we're on TV, let alone against a side flying at the moment. 

As for helping you lot out, I'd probably give Warnock a reach-around for a point against Villa right now.

Think I'll be giving Phil Parkinson a reach-around now.

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

sum amount of tactical know how Steve cunt face Bruce brings to the table is “play it long” & “get stuck in"

Villa managed nothing of the sort tonight. For a side doing well in this league, your players were powderpuff and second to every ball. 

I said earlier in the season I was disgusted with the lack of fight amongst this set of players, but since December, I have been so wrong. Tonight typified what brute desire can do in the face of technical inferiority. I am fucking delighted, especially after Birmingham won earlier on. A true battling performance in a blizzard - we deserved nothing less than all three tonight. Delighted. Oh, and it helps Cardiff in their quest for automatic, hopefully that will mean more Madine money in a few months time!!!

Whisper it quietly... but we might be staying up. :censored:

Yeah, I did hear about that (I think the Derby megastore even tweeted that they're open). 

received_10156327382648453.jpeg

Bit unhappy as it means a possible fixture congestion for the final run in of the season. At the same time, the extra time could give some of our players a breather for the final run in and see a few players back from injury ourselves (including Gunnarsson).

Leicester is not too far away and I assume that is going ahead against Chelsea.

• Administrator

yep not even any suggestion that ours won't go ahead. BBC Weather app says it's heavy snow from now til 7pm and the club haven't said anything about an inspection or anything of the sort :/ 

• Subscriber

Looks pretty clear to me that Derby have pulled a cunts trick because of their depleted squad. How else do you explain the other bits? All sounds very fishy to me.

Ours will definitely go ahead. No tickets on sale though so no Cardiff fans could go to that instead like a few weeks ago when Lincoln fans came to our game due to theirs at Coventry being off.

49 minutes ago, Dan said:

Looks pretty clear to me that Derby have pulled a cunts trick because of their depleted squad. How else do you explain the other bits? All sounds very fishy to me.

Ours will definitely go ahead. No tickets on sale though so no Cardiff fans could go to that instead like a few weeks ago when Lincoln fans came to our game due to theirs at Coventry being off.

Depending on what the ref would say (ie. would the match go ahead or not), wouldn't the Football League get involved for what appears to be deliberately calling off a match for other reasons?

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Depending on what the ref would say (ie. would the match go ahead or not), wouldn't the Football League get involved for what appears to be deliberately calling off a match for other reasons?

I'd think there should be an investigation in to it anyway. Clearly areas outside the ground are safe and don't look dangerous at all. 

And Derby even gave the excuse of it being 'unsafe in surrounding areas of the stadium' which is clearly untrue. 

I always thought Police have to be involved in determining whether match is on or off as well but apparently they weren't even involved. This is Sunday League skulduggery! 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd think there should be an investigation in to it anyway. Clearly areas outside the ground are safe and don't look dangerous at all. 

And Derby even gave the excuse of it being 'unsafe in surrounding areas of the stadium' which is clearly untrue. 

I always thought Police have to be involved in determining whether match is on or off as well but apparently they weren't even involved. This is Sunday League skulduggery! 

I was reading that the conditions for the game against Fulham two weeks ago were worse than today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived