Borussia Dortmund vs Hannover, 12.30
Koln vs Leverkusen, 14.30
RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich, 17.30

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Freiburg vs Stuttgart, 19.30

I like Christian Streich, I dont think many outside of Freiburg do? He seems to actually coach teams and develop players, unlike so many "TV managers", who are good at interviews.  Having said that, a VfB win suits Bremen better.  Probably a draw though.

1-1

Saturday 17th March, 2018
Gladbach vs Hoffenheim

This is National Irish Day, so green vodka will flow, though hopefully not as early as this game comes on, here on the Iceberg.  I thought I saw something on kicker about bmg in crisis?  Still think they should beat Hoff, who are working back up to Europa/UCL points-not sure they will do it, sold too many players last year and didn't replace enough of them with quality.

3-2

Frankfurt vs Mainz

Dont know how Eintracht are doing it this season?  You look at the team and it is nothing special, not to mention, it is an age old footballing proverb that you can never win a game if you have Kevin Prince Boateng in your line up.

2-1

Augsburg vs Werder Bremen

I dont like Augsburg, not the city, the team.  I dont like how they play, they have always been this plucky,dirty, hard working team.  Yet they have remained up for how many years now?  These are the type of teams Werder lose to, but I cant pick Augsburg and sleep at night, though after National Irish day, I will probably have no problem fallin asleep.

0-1

Hamburg vs Hertha Berlin

HSV goin down like a Lead filled Zeppelin, mostly because they cant score goals.

0-1

Wolfsburg vs Schalke17.30

I would have to say VW is in crisis, both on and off the field.  Actually, they seem to be coping with the off field crisis.  Meanwhile, Schalke is second place, that is until Bayern buy up half their players.

1-2

Sunday 18th March, 2018
Borussia Dortmund vs Hannover, 12.30

Oh dear.... I watched the Red Bull v BVB yesterday and being half Austrian and having lived there for a while, of course I was happy to see the real Red Bull win the tie, they are not a bad team, showed some nice play at times, worked hard for each other etc.  But man did Dortmund look poor, like they were not there,  watching the game go by them.  Did they put inlader rum in the water bottles?

2-1

Koln vs Leverkusen, 14.30

Yeah, last chance for Koln....uhmmm... no.

1-2

RB Leipzig vs Bayern Munich, 17.30

Match of the weekend!!!! except that it wont be.  Bayern will play whatever players they did not play vs Besiktas and win by however many goals they feel like.  I think the only question/crisis at Bayern, is when/if Neuer is coming back?

1-4

Yes, seems like a lot of ex werder strikers kicking around still. 

For those of you who must be wondering if JLow has picked Super Mario and Nils Peterson, for the upcoming friendlies (not sure how friendly the Brazilians will be?) the answer is yes and no.

22 hours ago, binder said:

Wolfsburg vs Schalke17.30

I would have to say VW is in crisis, both on and off the field.  Actually, they seem to be coping with the off field crisis.  Meanwhile, Schalke is second place, that is until Bayern buy up half their players.

Please note the the present 'coach' is not playing the two main and valuable players at the moment. Leon is not interested anymore (it shows by the way he goes about the job) and young Max is sitting on the bench match after match.  Embolo cost the most and gets a few minutes each game and Harit has almost disappeared.  Selling players at the moment will not make any difference and we have the easiest run-in to the end of the season.  Our 'past-it old men' will continue to be lucky and who can guess where we will finish?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Kohfeldt is the real deal ;)

Well we also said that about Nouri last season, so I'm a bit reluctant to praise Kohfeldt at this point, but things are definitely looking good since he took over :P 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well we also said that about Nouri last season, so I'm a bit reluctant to praise Kohfeldt at this point, but things are definitely looking good since he took over :P 

Just give the man some holiday from summer until fall. Werder should look for a coach who is willing to sign for 2 or 3 months and is known for having a good start.

Might be something for Jupp Heynckes. In the summer he helps out in Bremen and for the rest of the year he has time for his dog.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Fahrmann is a beast.

He's surely a very good keeper, but it also was a poorly taken penalty... Wolfsburg should seriously go down. Even instead of HSV.

Video killed the Bayer come back. VAR assisted red card to Alario. Koln actually have been the better team so far, though bayer were getting into it up until the off the ball, needless, elbow by Alario

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2017/18 - Matchday 27 - 16-18th March, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived