Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Japanese


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

And it has begun, out of curiosity can you write Japanese?

Yeah, but not very well. Some hiragana and katakana I can't do. I don't have the muscle memory. Kanji is ridiculous and everything has correct stroke order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

How long did it take you to get the hang of writing? I am not going to go gung-ho and try it in the first month but I'd imagine it takes some getting used to.

I do not have the hang of writing at all haha. I am basically terrible at it. The only time I hand write Japanese is if I am studying then I will write new words down etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2017 at 1:00 PM, Anton said:

Yeah, but not very well. Some hiragana and katakana I can't do. I don't have the muscle memory. Kanji is ridiculous and everything has correct stroke order.

Kanji is ridiculously easy! :D:banana:

 

On a serious note though, I understand the pain of learning Kanji because there is a certain way to write it, the sequence. It is hard to understand why it had to be written in a specific way but Mandarin, especially the traditional characters are very beautiful with meanings behind it. 

Do you listen to Japanese music? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, noelcwt said:

Kanji is ridiculously easy! :D:banana:

 

On a serious note though, I understand the pain of learning Kanji because there is a certain way to write it, the sequence. It is hard to understand why it had to be written in a specific way but Mandarin, especially the traditional characters are very beautiful with meanings behind it. 

Do you listen to Japanese music? 

You managed to pickup Hindi yet? I ask because when I was learning Hindi it coincided with learning Arabic and it was a bit painful to learn because the scripts are very different in their writing styles. I'd imagine something like Kanji which has a base build like Hindi might not be so hard to learn to write for someone like you. When I saw Kanji I was thinking phew I am not touching that till I get my grammar basics right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

You managed to pickup Hindi yet? I ask because when I was learning Hindi it coincided with learning Arabic and it was a bit painful to learn because the scripts are very different in their writing styles. I'd imagine something like Kanji which has a base build like Hindi might not be so hard to learn to write for someone like you. When I saw Kanji I was thinking phew I am not touching that till I get my grammar basics right.

I have tried to look for proper Hindi class in town but to no avail. There was one but they have very strict rules - ie. you cannot miss more than 3 classes in a semester.. must be there in formal wear.. be at the class 15 minutes earlier.. cannot leave in the middle of the class etc. Do any of those and you will be kick out of the institution. Cost no more than Rs 1,000 for a 6 months course though.

 I once went to a class conducted by an NRI but it was useless and on top of that, she charged Rs 6,000 for a month lesson! She mostly cater to expats though. So now I am left with broken Hindi that I pick up from my colleagues and bollywood movies (latest being Badrinath Ki Dulhania) xD

 

I spent around 12 years learning the Chinese language and even then, I wouldn't say that I am an expert in it. There are still words that I can't read and pronounce correctly. Japanese is also difficult because of the sentence structuring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my travels i remember a few words B| Ive got two older cousins that are both married with kids, one lives in Osaka and the other in Chigisaki. I was there for about 2 weeks but i do plan to go back!

Gaijin

Shinkansen

Kawaii

Konichiwa

Kon'banwa ( i had to look up spelling)

OTAKU (my favourite word)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, noelcwt said:

I have tried to look for proper Hindi class in town but to no avail. There was one but they have very strict rules - ie. you cannot miss more than 3 classes in a semester.. must be there in formal wear.. be at the class 15 minutes earlier.. cannot leave in the middle of the class etc. Do any of those and you will be kick out of the institution. Cost no more than Rs 1,000 for a 6 months course though.

 I once went to a class conducted by an NRI but it was useless and on top of that, she charged Rs 6,000 for a month lesson! She mostly cater to expats though. So now I am left with broken Hindi that I pick up from my colleagues and bollywood movies (latest being Badrinath Ki Dulhania) xD

 

I spent around 12 years learning the Chinese language and even then, I wouldn't say that I am an expert in it. There are still words that I can't read and pronounce correctly. Japanese is also difficult because of the sentence structuring. 

Phew that sounds like military school and even there they cut you some classes. I can relate to what you're going through because I've had friends who have had the same issue and then they just gave up and went the local way which was talking to people and watching movies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2017 at 10:55 PM, Berserker said:

Arigato

Konichiwa

Baka!

Bakaeru

Moshi Moshi

Shine!

Neko

Chan

Kun

Sama

San

Kuso

Tako

Urusee

Those are the ones i know,  i'm also forgetting my favourite word which Yakuza's Kazuma Kiryu always uses but i can't fucking remember.

 

What is urusee? Do you mean Urusai for noisy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2017 at 6:29 PM, noelcwt said:

Kanji is ridiculously easy! :D:banana:

 

On a serious note though, I understand the pain of learning Kanji because there is a certain way to write it, the sequence. It is hard to understand why it had to be written in a specific way but Mandarin, especially the traditional characters are very beautiful with meanings behind it. 

Do you listen to Japanese music? 

Very rarely listen to Japanese music. If I could do my Japanese experience all over, I would have studied more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Berserker said:

Do you know why the Japanese use some English words in their vocabulary and why they pronounce them so oddly?, for example when they say "date" it sounds like "dato".

I suppose a lot of languages have borrowed or foreign words. But Japanese does have a hell of a lot. And it is seemingly increasing. 

They are pronounced in line with the Japanese alphabets. Foreign words are written in "katakana" and as Japanese is basically syllables it ends up being weird. For example. Date. It may end in "e" but we don't pronounce it. In Japanese there is no t sound by itself. It is either chi te ta tu or to. To works best. Is how I would explain it but there's probably some kind of rule. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/13/2017 at 0:17 PM, Mel81x said:

Been trying. We've just done a release and I am going to start getting a lot more free so trying to sort out time to sit down and learn.

頑張ってください!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...