talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Japanese

football forum

I had a t-shirt of a panda saying [はじめまして] and one of the Japanese girls I went to uni with thought it was hilarious. She'd lament that pandas would speak Mandarin not Japanese.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 5/13/2017 at 0:17 PM, Mel81x said:

Been trying. We've just done a release and I am going to start getting a lot more free so trying to sort out time to sit down and learn.

頑張ってください!

Phonetically, I don't have much trouble discerning different words and sounds (Castillan for instance sounds like word vomit to me). Holy shit though, fuck learning three new different alphabets to speak one language. Katakana, Hirgana, and Kanji. Fuck that noise, senpai. I'd love to visit Japan but I can't imagine living there, let's just say a white man and Filipino-American isn't the greatest couple for the racist sectors of Japan.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 2:17 AM, Spike said:

Phonetically, I don't have much trouble discerning different words and sounds (Castillan for instance sounds like word vomit to me). Holy shit though, fuck learning three new different alphabets to speak one language. Katakana, Hirgana, and Kanji. Fuck that noise, senpai. I'd love to visit Japan but I can't imagine living there, let's just say a white man and Filipino-American isn't the greatest couple for the racist sectors of Japan.

Wouldn't be that bad mate. Japan is becoming more open with interracial relationships I think. However, there is definitely an unfair stigma against Filipinos I would say. Most enter Japan and work in the sex(or adult) trade and whatnot, because who would want to stay in the Philippines forever, I suppose. Worked with a few at my school (very rare that they are even considered for English teaching jobs). Visit though. You wouldn't get discrimination or racism in the touristy big cities.

@Mel81x じゃ、日本語を話しましょう!

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Anton said:

@Mel81x じゃ、日本語を話しましょう!

Watashi wa aisatsu o manande imasuga, mada masutā shite imasen

is that right?

Also spending more time to get the intonation right as well and I am stuggling with words like this shōto I know it sounds silly but I can't do that naturally enough I have to stop and slow it down totally.

36 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Watashi wa aisatsu o manande imasuga, mada masutā shite imasen

is that right?

Also spending more time to get the intonation right as well and I am stuggling with words like this shōto I know it sounds silly but I can't do that naturally enough I have to stop and slow it down totally.

It's really hard for me to read it in romaji these days, but vital to learn like that at the beginning, I reckon. 

You are learning greetings now, but not yet mastered them?

My intonation (sometimes) and general speaking is my weakness. I need to practice so much more.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Anton said:

It's really hard for me to read it in romaji these days, but vital to learn like that at the beginning, I reckon. 

You are learning greetings now, but not yet mastered them?

My intonation (sometimes) and general speaking is my weakness. I need to practice so much more.

Yeah trying to get my intonation right and more so the blending of letters and how they pronounce it. I can do regular greetings but I am trying variations as well. Gotta say its hard because its not like most languages I know already but I am getting there slowly.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah trying to get my intonation right and more so the blending of letters and how they pronounce it. I can do regular greetings but I am trying variations as well. Gotta say its hard because its not like most languages I know already but I am getting there slowly.

I haven't studied for more than probably one hour a week for this whole year. I have to get back into it, I am forgetting vocabulary! There are 573 words ready for me to review on my online program ha ha.

Good luck!

よいしゅうまつを!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Anton said:

I haven't studied for more than probably one hour a week for this whole year. I have to get back into it, I am forgetting vocabulary! There are 573 words ready for me to review on my online program ha ha.

Good luck!

よいしゅうまつを!

君も

Archived