talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

N'Golo Kanté

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xD

I am being serious though, obviously Chelsea don't have a history of losing their big players due to the money they had but it takes a good performance away at someone like Barcelona to get that recognition sometimes. And Barce/Madrid/Bayern/Juve are all much bigger clubs than Chelsea, no fishing attempted.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

xD

I am being serious though, obviously Chelsea don't have a history of losing their big players due to the money they had but it takes a good performance away at someone like Barcelona to get that recognition sometimes. And Barce/Madrid/Bayern/Juve are all much bigger clubs than Chelsea, no fishing attempted.

Ehhh, maybe. Chelsea are a team that pay well and win trophies, there isn't much discrepancy between them and the clubs you've listed. No footballer cares that Juventus were really good in the 70s, and Madrid won a bunch of cups in the 50s. History is all nice and all but history doesn't fill trophy cabinets and bank accounts.

He has his flaws Kante but in most cases his qualities in the other areas of his game make up for it. He was better last season which is the case for the majority of the team bar Willian really but as we found out earlier this season we really notice his absence when he's not playing. A more progressive team may be put off by his ability on the ball which isn't bad but it's enough to hinder a top club at times. He's mostly fantastic though and it's criminal we got him for the price we did.

Wouldn't blame him for leaving to be honest given the current state of the club where a 4-1 aggregate loss to Barcelona is considered 'not that bad' and where we apparently performed well over the two legs. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

He has his flaws Kante but in most cases his qualities in the other areas of his game make up for it. He was better last season which is the case for the majority of the team bar Willian really but as we found out earlier this season we really notice his absence when he's not playing. A more progressive team may be put off by his ability on the ball which isn't bad but it's enough to hinder a top club at times. He's mostly fantastic though and it's criminal we got him for the price we did.

Wouldn't blame him for leaving to be honest given the current state of the club where a 4-1 aggregate loss to Barcelona is considered 'not that bad' and where we apparently performed well over the two legs. 

You're telling me. Should've been at least £50mil and yet we only got as much as we did because you weren't in Europe.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Ehhh, maybe. Chelsea are a team that pay well and win trophies, there isn't much discrepancy between them and the clubs you've listed. No footballer cares that Juventus were really good in the 70s, and Madrid won a bunch of cups in the 50s. History is all nice and all but history doesn't fill trophy cabinets and bank accounts.

Champions League is number one to footballers and anyone will tell you Chelsea have only scraped their way to finals/success through submissive performances.

One European success, otherwise everything domestic. Juventus have been to two finals, constantly won league titles. Bayern won a European Cup and constantly won similar domestic titles. Barce constantly won domestic and European titles, as do Real Madrid. Chelsea aren't in that group of clubs.

Chelseas recent transfer history suggests they're not aggressive as they used to be. As a player if you had the chance you'd choose domestic and European success over just domestic.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Champions League is number one to footballers and anyone will tell you Chelsea have only scraped their way to finals/success through submissive performances.

One European success, otherwise everything domestic. Juventus have been to two finals, constantly won league titles. Bayern won a European Cup and constantly won similar domestic titles. Barce constantly won domestic and European titles, as do Real Madrid. Chelsea aren't in that group of clubs.

Chelseas recent transfer history suggests they're not aggressive as they used to be. As a player if you had the chance you'd choose domestic and European success over just domestic.

The only thing that you said that has any relevance is the transfer policies. It really doesn't matter what a club did the last year especially in cup competitions, what matters is what happens going forward, and the only thing that can give an indication if that is transfer patterns and policy.

After Sergio Busquets, this is the man to have securing the midfield and defence.  Busquets has it all with the technical ability of an elite 10 and the power of a sturdy defender... Kanté reminds me a lot of Makélélé who was also immense!  If Casemiro is discarded by Real Madrid as is being rumoured, then I can see them putting pressure to try and sign him as he is the authentic answer to what they need in midfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Missed this thread xD, i would truly be devastated if he left us. Such a good hard working player, not sure why the big guns didn't knock after his title win with Leicester maybe it was too early. I never saw him linked with any of the top teams after joining Chelsea. We should do everything in our power to keep him, give him better terms extend his contract etc. Then again we had big players in the future that were linked to bigger clubs than us and we didn't sell. Good thing is that we aren't a seller club, but then again you never really now.

11 minutes ago, True Blue said:

not sure why the big guns didn't knock after his title win with Leicester maybe it was too early.

We're not a big gun but we did even make enquiries with Leicester about the possibility of signing Kanté due to the dire need of a defensive midfielder.  But thankfully we went instead for the slightly more expensive and superior Granit Xhaka. xD

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We're not a big gun but we did even make enquiries with Leicester about the possibility of signing Kanté due to the dire need of a defensive midfielder.  But thankfully we went instead for the slightly more expensive and superior Granit Xhaka. xD

Fair to say i expected Xhaka to be a sensation in Arsenal. Shocking how many good players come  to England and achieve very little or completely fail.

Just now, True Blue said:

Fair to say i expected Xhaka to be a sensation in Arsenal. Shocking how many good players come  to England and achieve very little or completely fail.

What's really shocking is that the BvB (generally nearly all the Bundesliga fans on here) fans didn't understand us opting for Xhaka.  I'm still bemused as to at what point he was seen as the answer and what he had achieved for us to select him as the player.

Archived