talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aitor Karanka sacked by Boro - Nigel Pearson interested

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Pearson would be the perfect fit for that club.

They're not a bad side but I think Karanka just couldn't get any more out of them. Plus Pearson is seen as somewhat of an icon at Boro so would be welcome by most fans I imagine. 

51 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Yuck. Should not have happened. With the cup out of the way he should have been given the season to stay up, and only if they went down been sacked. No loyalty these days.

Have you watched Middlesborough this season? They constantly play backwards and sidewards football. The Manager is reluctant to play any other way and you can see in the body language of players like Gaston Ramirez and Armand Traore they're not happy about it. As far as sackings go this is one that has happened far too late and with the fixtures they have left they should have pulled the plug sooner.

• The title was changed to Aitor Karanka sacked by Boro - Hiddink Linked
22 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Yeah, they are very boring and not at all incisive. But attacking and winning aren't the same thing. Grind out this season and grow into the league. Blackpool tried attacking their way to survival. That went poorly.

You can be set up defensively and still attack when needed. The problem is they're producing nothing in the final third at all. What we have been effective at doing over the years is playing counter attackting football through setting off players like Yannick and Wilf and that's got us enough points to steer clear of relegation. Middlesborough have the players to do it, Traore and Ramirez are most effective when running direct, but they choose not to. A change had to happen. 

football forum
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Would he go to Boro if they offered him enough money to keep them up?

I'd be very surprised although at the same time if they offer him silly money for ten games of football he would be foolish not to accept.

• The title was changed to Aitor Karanka sacked by Boro - Paul Ince Touted To Takeover

Paul Ince?!?! That would be hilarious.

I think they'll end up sticking with Agnew until the end of the season, but really think they should be going for Pearson. He used to play for them as well. 

• Subscriber
On 3/16/2017 at 0:52 PM, Tanksie said:

Yeah, they are very boring and not at all incisive. But attacking and winning aren't the same thing. Grind out this season and grow into the league. Blackpool tried attacking their way to survival. That went poorly.

That's one example of a team who had one of the weakest squads you'll ever see at this level. They over-achieved despite relegation.

The most depressing thing about Middlesbrough is how inevitable it was. Literally anyone on here could have said they would be the leagues lowest scorers in pre-season.

Paul Ince can't be a serious shout anyway. He's garbage and a dickhead.

He'd be a good appointment although I think his reputation has been slightly damaged after the poor job he did at Derby. If they want him in, they need to get it sorted ASAP to give him time to see who he wants and doesn't want.

Archived