talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Luke Shaw to Leave Manchester United?

Luke Shaw will consider his future at Manchester United in the summer after Jose Mourinho's latest public criticism of the England full-back.

Mourinho substituted the 22-year-old at half-time during their 2-0 FA Cup quarter-final win over Brighton on Saturday, and once again singled him out for criticism, saying he failed to follow his tactical instructions.

Shaw, who joined United from Southampton for £27m in 2014 under the management of Louis van Gaal, has just over a year left on his contract at Old Trafford.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I don't rate him and he probably could take his football more seriously from what I gather but if I was him I'd be looking to get out. Maybe he deserves to be criticised, maybe even publicly, but there are so many other players at United under performing that he doesn't deserve to have been singled out to the extent that Mourinho has done by any means.

• Administrator

there's no way Jose should have outed him publicly. Not in the manner that he did, anyway. Did Shaw even play that badly against Brighton?

As Rando said, there are many worse players who have let Utd down (including 2 of the most expensive (Pogba and Sanchez) but obviously they can't be touched with a barge pole.

I don't get why Jose just doesn't play him if he doesn't rate him? It's not the first time he's voiced his displeasure at him yet keeps throwing him under the bus (ironically probably the same one he sticks in front of the goal most matches). 

I don't agree with Mourinho constantly slagging him off, but there must be something up with Shaw and presumably his attitude or fitness because LVG singled him out in the press as well and Shaw looks about half a stone overweight to me

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

I don't agree with Mourinho constantly slagging him off, but there must be something up with Shaw and presumably his attitude or fitness because LVG singled him out in the press as well and Shaw looks about half a stone overweight to me

Mourinho hates gays. 

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mourinho hates gays. 

I can categorically confirm there's no truth in that rumour.

Luke Shaw was rejected by his boyhood club when Mourinho was Manager, nine years later Mourinho tried to sign him in his second stint and Luke wouldn't consider it. You'd like to think they could both put the past behind them but you never know.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'd love us to take Luke as a long term replacement for Baines.

Depends on who our manager is. Recipe for disaster if it's another Martinez type manager who let's standards drop in favour of "letting the players express themselves" to the extent that the club are still fixing the problem 3 years on. If we get someone good at getting the best out of players who need a bit of tough love or nurturing then it could be a master stroke. Koeman wasn't that either though and Sam certainly isn't.

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This has all the making of biting Mourinho in the arse. 

Let's travel 4 years ago, where Mourinho stated KDB 'didn't want to work' when questioned why KDB wasn't making any apperances. 

I would love this. Shame about his development, because his breakout year at Southampton and he was fantastic. At United he's had a rough go of things (which is the way I like it for players who come to United xD), but he's still young and he still has potential that perhaps someone can squeeze out of him.

• Subscriber

He could be an amazing signing for us if we get a manager in the mould of Guardiola, Pocchetino or (bleurgh) Klopp who has the ability to draw the best out of a player. Until we know who that is though my gut feeling with us signing Shaw would be that it's another £30m Everton spend on someone who should be perfect on paper but for whatever reason just doesn't do the business.

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He could be an amazing signing for us if we get a manager in the mould of Guardiola, Pocchetino or (bleurgh) Klopp who has the ability to draw the best out of a player. Until we know who that is though my gut feeling with us signing Shaw would be that it's another £30m Everton spend on someone who should be perfect on paper but for whatever reason just doesn't do the business.

Koeman already was your Pochettino, Martinez your Guardiola and I assume Unsworth was Klopp :ph34r:

Shaw was actually doing very good with LVG until the leg breaker at PSV, it seems to really has knocked him since, I think Mourinho is probably one of the worst coaches to be around if you are suffering with low confidence.    Players that seemed to flourish under LVG have gone backwards since Mourinho has come in. 

6 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Shaw was actually doing very good with LVG until the leg breaker at PSV, it seems to really has knocked him since, I think Mourinho is probably one of the worst coaches to be around if you are suffering with low confidence.    Players that seemed to flourish under LVG have gone backwards since Mourinho has come in. 

Do you think he would be a good signing for us under a new manager?

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you think he would be a good signing for us under a new manager?

Yeah I think Shaw has talent, he just needs to get away from Mourinho, a more patient coach he will do well, Arsenal do need a left back so would be a good fit.  We did want him before Man utd came in big to get him.

27 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

It was LVG that was the first to call out Shaw to the media regarding his weight, fitness and general lack of effort during training. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It was LVG that was the first to call out Shaw to the media regarding his weight, fitness and general lack of effort during training. 

Shaw was playing good though, Mourinho is just not patient at all with anyone. 

Just now, VanPaddy said:

Shaw was playing good though, Mourinho is just not patient at all with anyone. 

LVG actually sent Shaw away from the first team to train alone telling the media that he was overweight and unfit. Roy Hodgson also said, after calling Shaw up for England, that he simply wasn’t fit enough to feature. 

He may have had a good spell prior to his injuries but it’s pretty clear Shaw has general issues with his weight and fitness. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived