talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dele Alli - The World's Best Under 22?

Mauricio Pochettino says there is no player better than Dele Alli in his age group. We check the stats...

"When you compare him, Dele Alli, a 21-year-old, with all the players in the world, I think he is the best in his age. In his form, assists, everything. For me Dele Alli, in his age, is the best - that's it."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait until Justin Kluivert is a few years older he looks an amazing player so far at a young age,  plus Justin doesn't need the money etc coming already from the flash background because of his Dad, again should be a great role model for him to guide him.  This should be something that not many young footballers have is a father who has already been at the top in the game, as  instead alot of young talented player have had greedy agents sniffing around them. 

I don't know if he's the best under 22 because I wouldn't know how to judge that at all.  But out of the ones I can think of quickly off the top of my head it's questionable if he's the most talented.

• Kylian Mbappé (19)
  • Marco Asensio (22)
  • Leroy Sané (22)
  • Timo Werner (22)
  • Youri Tielemans (21)
  • Ousmane Dembélé (22)
  • Dani Ceballos (21)
  • Federico Chiesa (20)
  • Christian Pulisic (19)
  • Gabriel Jesus (20)
  • Arthur Melo (21)
  • Pablo Fornals (22)

I could probably go on and on to be honest but these stick out right this moment at this hour of the night.  There are players in that list who for me are probably more naturally talented than Dele Alli, but what the Spurs and England player probably has over these guys is that he's more consolidated at his young age seeming to have been around already for quite some time and a first teamer.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I don't know if he's the best under 22 because I wouldn't know how to judge that at all.  But out of the ones I can think of quickly off the top of my head it's questionable if he's the most talented.

• Kylian Mbappé (19)
  • Marco Asensio (22)
  • Leroy Sané (22)
  • Timo Werner (22)
  • Youri Tielemans (21)
  • Ousmane Dembélé (22)
  • Dani Ceballos (21)
  • Federico Chiesa (20)
  • Christian Pulisic (19)
  • Gabriel Jesús (20)
  • Arthur Melo (21)
  • Pablo Fornals (22)

I could probably go on and on to be honest but these stick out right this moment at this hour of the night.  There are players in that list who for me are probably more naturally talented than Dele Alli, but what the Spurs and England player probably has over these guys is that he's more consolidated at his young age seeming to have been around already for quite some time and a first teamer.

His name isn't spelt in that manner in Portuguese. :cardY:

Archived