talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friday 23rd March - Peru 2-0 Croatia

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious to see what Gareca will go for here. It'll probably be something like this

Caceda

Trauco (Flamengo) - Santamaria (Puebla) - Ramos (Veracruz) - Advincula (Lobos)

Tapia (Feyenoord) - Yotun (Orlando City)

Carrillo (Watford) - Cueva (Sao Paulo) - Flores (Aalborg)

Farfan (Lokomotiv)

To sum up my thoughts on each

Caceda - I said he was a donkey before and not much has changed since. I prefer Alejandro Duarte, who's younger and has been doing really well in the league. As per, he still has to learn a bit but overall he's not been bad and I prefer him to Caceda who I really don't rate.

Trauco - He needs to always start. One of our best players.

Santamaria - With Rodriguez injured, I think Santamaria deserves a shot. He's been doing well in Mexico and we need to try out another CB in case one of Rodriguez and Ramos get injured for the World Cup. Try to gel them into the side. Santamaria is 25 and he's probably the starting option in the next World Cup qualifiers.

Ramos - I don't disagree with starting him

Advincula - I don't disagree with starting Corzo but I do think Advincula needs to be geled back into the team as he's our best right back. It will be an interesting case as Croatia are more offensive and perhaps we need to test how an attacking full back would do rather than defensive.

Yotun - Used to be a marvellous player when he was at Malmo. I still have faith he will click again but we need to find his confidence again. He's not been showing his worth for DP money since arriving at Orlando, and being played in Miami I hope he can prove others wrong.

Tapia - Not been playing at Feyenoord and I do think Aquino can do well enough to start for the team here. However, Tapia has started the whole qualifiers and like Yotun, we need to give him his confidence back.

Carrillo - As I've mentioned several times, I'm not a fan. I prefer Hurtado on the right, who's more scoring and has more assists to his game. Sure he plays in a weaker league, but he's doing better than Carrillo when they were both in Portugal and for a smaller club.

Cueva - Needs to start. All I will say here.

Flores - Also a must start. Big game player and a great inside forward.

Farfan - Fits the style more than Ruidiaz and has had a marvellous season with Lokomotiv. I think he needs to be given another go as the number 9, although I do think he linked up well with Ruidiaz in the New Zealand game.

Croatia have good players but don't play as a unit from what I've seen. I think we can win this.

• The topic was pinned
3 hours ago, nudge said:

No Pizarro, no fun :ph34r:

In honesty, it would have been great to see Pizarro in the 2006 World Cup when he was doing well in Germany. That team had weak links but they underachieved.

Solano, Palacios, Pizarro, Farfan and Guerrero were all there. 

• The title was changed to Friday 23rd March - Peru vs Croatia
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

In honesty, it would have been great to see Pizarro in the 2006 World Cup when he was doing well in Germany. That team had weak links but they underachieved.

Solano, Palacios, Pizarro, Farfan and Guerrero were all there. 

He was surprisingly good against us two weeks ago; definitely nowhere near as good as during his best years, but at 39 years old, he's still able to compete at this level for 90 minutes and put in a better performance than anyone else in his team, it's unbelievable. 

Alberto Rodriguez nor Christian Ramos are starting on Friday.

Santamaria and Araujo would be my starting CB's. Santamaria I rate quite highly where as Araujo has been good everytime he's put on a Peru kit. Bit harsh on Abram who has been great for Velez but I do think we should try this pairing.

Modric WILL be starting as it so appears. It will be Tapia's job to win the midfield from him and given what he did against Messi, I think we can do so.

So it looks like Yotun won't be starting today. If true then I'd prefer we'd go with something like this

Duarte

Advincula - Santamaria - Ramos - Trauco

Cueva - Tapia

Farfan - Hurtado - Flores

Ruidiaz

Hurtado usually plays on the right but I didn't like Flores playing in the middle. I think that wastes his ability as he's a clear inside forward. Cueva is a better option for the number 8 role. He's dynamic, always looks to drive forward and is good at putting in long balls like Yotun is. So Hurtado should be his replacement as the 10 and keeping Flores on the left side. Also, I really don't want to see Carrillo so Farfan on the right and Ruidiaz up front. Tapia, and Trauco are 2 musts.

The game starts in 10 minutes and Peru is just now going to warm up, where as Croatia came out just a moment ago. Are the Americans going to pull some sort of pre-game show like they always do???

I know for a fact there are more Peruvians than Croats here, but you really can't tell as they are both wearing red and white!

Trauco's technique is out of this world. I struggle to name more than 2 players with better technique than Trauco. Only one I can think of is Neymar.

• The title was changed to Friday 23rd March - Peru 2-0 Croatia
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived