talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friday 23rd March - Peru 2-0 Croatia

football forum

We've been playing at a half-arsed level after the first 20 minutes, yet we are still handling Croatia quite well. I'll reserve judgement until the end of the game, but that first half tells me that Peruvians are in Mexico because of the continent + country name, where as Croatians are at big clubs because they are cheap and are easy to obtain due to the EU.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No man of the match for me. Everyone played a 10 out of 10. We literally strolled that game as Croatia didn't have a dangerous chance until the last 5 minutes when we were down to 10 men. Best performance since the win vs Uruguay. Oh and I can't stop mentioning that goal, absolute beauty. 2-0 win for us.

• Administrator

That's a superb goal posted above but the friendly is marred by a red card for Yotun. Nowhere near a 10/10 if you're getting your marching orders in a friendly. Typical.

• The title was changed to Friday 23rd March - Peru 2-0 Croatia
  • The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Stan said:

That's a superb goal posted above but the friendly is marred by a red card for Yotun. Nowhere near a 10/10 if you're getting your marching orders in a friendly. Typical.

Well yeah maybe not him. He's not been the same since moving to Orlando, which is concerning.

• Subscriber

Peru are actually going to have a better tournament than us aren't they. You can see a mile off so many on here giving Brian stick over Peru in the past and that happens xD

2 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Told you! he is class. 

How long have you been following him? I remember when he joined Twente from EGB meaning he never played professional football here, but I also recall he had a failed trial at Liverpool, which is a bit ironic as the scousers could actually use a player like him.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Peru are actually going to have a better tournament than us aren't they. You can see a mile off so many on here giving Brian stick over Peru in the past and that happens xD

I think I've mentioned it before but before the Euros there was an Icelandic fella I worked with that was similar to Brian. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind Iceland were going to beat England when they were drawn with each other.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think I've mentioned it before but before the Euros there was an Icelandic fella I worked with that was similar to Brian. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind Iceland were going to beat England when they were drawn with each other.

xD I haven't heard that one. I had money on Iceland going through after extra time. Wasn't that shocked by it to be honest. I felt it had been coming for a long time.

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just read that a Croatian player died after the game :(

that was today in Croatian third tier. Bruno Boban after getting the ball hit in his chest from close range. 

Nevertheless, very unfortunate and sad. Only 25, too.

Archived