talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

football forum

Germany squad for the upcoming games:

Goal

Manuel Neuer (Bayern München), Marc-André ter Stegen (FC Barcelona), Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt) 

Defence:

Matthias Ginter (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Thilo Kehrer (Paris Saint-Germain), Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea), Nico Schulz (TSG Hoffenheim), Niklas Süle (Bayern München), Jonathan Tah (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Niklas Stark (Hertha BSC), Marcel Halstenberg, Lukas Klostermann (beide RB Leipzig) 

Midfield/Attack

Julian Brandt (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Maximilian Eggestein (Werder Bremen), Serge Gnabry (Bayern München), Leon Goretzka (Bayern München), Ilkay Gündogan (Manchester City), Kai Havertz (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern München), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Leroy Sané (Manchester City), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig) 

So this is the great revolution. Amazing :4_joy:

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

I think he might leave and take over the National Team Coach IF he can gift Liverpool the EPL Title this year or next, he has already won the Bundesliga twice, the DFB-Pokal, DFL-Supercup twice and the biggest of the big last year in the UEFA Champions League Cup so really he has achieved a lot in his time and I bet he would love to win the World Cup and the UEFA Cup for his Germany and who can blame him if he did leave and try and achieve the latter.

• Subscriber

I can definitely see it happening but I think he will be at Liverpool for a few more seasons as the very least. Even if he wins the Premier League with Liverpool, I can't see him leaving immediately afterwards. He is a very good manager and coach so Germany would be foolish if they didn't consider him for the big position at the some point.

Low is picking the present German Team which is well below what he had to pick for the World Cup in 2014 and the 2018 squad was missing a leader and players in key roles who were not good enough.  Still no leader and one or two who are not even performing weekly in the BL so why would Kloppy want the job at present.  Josh Kimmich needs more time to be the next Philip Lahm - which he is capable of achieving and then there will be a leader but the rest are still way below the 2014 level and whilst his Liverpool side are challenging for everything in one of the best Leagues in the world, why, on earth, would he want the poisoned chalice that Low is going to leave - or will have taken away from him before long?

One thing is for certain - he has proved at BVB and Anfield that  he is no fool - that says 'No' to this idea!

• 3 weeks later...

Great pity that last night's game against Argentina was not only 45 minutes.  The young members of the team started as if Low's problems were beginning to seem less difficult, but the fading of performance in the latter half was not good. The Kahn, Koch, Sule trio looked good whilst the forwards were keeping possession but taking off the best two was not a good idea and the visitors were able to find lots of holes at the back.  More work needed and other players to be included - why?, on his home ground was Reus not used when Havertz and Gnabry were taken off?  Low  still has work to do - not only on the field but in his own mind!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The new look German NT for the upcoming Euro Nations Cup friendlies vs Spain and Schweiz. Seems J Low is omitting most Bayern and RB Leipzig players.

New call ups for Baumann in goal,  I assume ter Stegen not called up due to still suffering from shell shock by Bayern last month. At one time I thought Baumann was the new Neuer.

New call up for Dutch German Gosens, some people think he is the real deal.  Robin Koch is now with Leeds?

The other new call up is Florian Neuhaus, whom I dont really have an opinion on.

Waldschmidt is moving to Benfica, where is seems youngish German footballers go if they have not quite made it.

I dont think Brandt and Emre Can should be getting called up anymore.

J Low has been the head coach for 14 years, that seems a long time in today's world of NT managers.  I can not think of a current coach who has been in charge  longer?

Shirt number Name Birthday Team Matches Goals
Goalkeeper
22 Oliver Baumann 1990-06-02 TSG Hoffenheim 0 0
12 Bernd Leno 1992-03-04 Arsenal FC 6 0
1 Kevin Trapp 1990-07-08 Eintracht Frankfurt 3 0
Defence
4 Matthias Ginter 1994-01-19 Borussia Mönchengladbach 29 1
3 Robin Gosens 1994-07-05 Atalanta B.C. 0 0
2 Thilo Kehrer 1996-09-21 Paris Saint-Germain 7 0
17 Robin Koch 1996-07-17 Leeds United 2 0
16 Antonio Rudiger 1993-03-03 Chelsea FC 30 1
14 Nico Schulz 1993-04-01 Borussia Dortmund 10 2