talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

football forum

31 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Who's gonna say that Nübel will be the number one, when Neuer and ter Stegen retire? Yes, he was signed by Bayern as was Michael Rensing a few years ago and our memories are working good enough to remember Bayern officials were trying to talk him into the national team with the exact explanation you use for Nübel. What if one goalkeepers gets redcarded and the second catch up an injury the next match? Playing Nübel over better keepers then, for Bayern fans having pet their vanity?

Think then boy Ter Stegen was in Goal when our big defender stuck one by him on the 7th minute,  shame the Ref didn't blow the whistle there and then, as you regrouped and battered us 6-1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

New "Away" Shirt. 

ae06hvzfxkm4l9yxcq1j.jpg

I kind of like it. :o 

If it wasn't for the horizontal divider at the top that would be an outstanding effort. I must admit that Germany hardly ever get it wrong when it comes to designing kits, so little surprise that they're flirting with banger territory with this new one. 

• 1 month later...
On 19/03/2021 at 20:03, Rucksackfranzose said:

What's to argue against this choice?

Did you see Leno’s “solid” performance against Everton?

leno does not deserve call ups anymore. 
Haven’t for sometime.  Might as well give the opportunity to some younger player. Give some experience with the national team 

48 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Did you see Leno’s “solid” performance against Everton?

leno does not deserve call ups anymore. 
Haven’t for sometime.  Might as well give the opportunity to some younger player. Give some experience with the national team 

So Leno made a mistake. Didn't deserve Kahn to be NT keeper neither? Don't forget it was him who effectively lost us the 2002 WC final.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

20 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

So Leno made a mistake. Didn't deserve Kahn to be NT keeper neither? Don't forget it was him who effectively lost us the 2002 WC final.

Cuz of Kahn that the got that far lol

u compared Leno to Kahn? Really?

I also remember Leno getting the hook in the 2017 confederation cup after a poor showing in the first group game. Ter stegen went in afterwards and all the way to the final. 

Do u admit leno is way past his prime? 

50 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I also remember Leno getting the hook in the 2017 confederation cup after a poor showing in the first group game. Ter stegen went in afterwards and all the way to the final. 

I didn't compared Leno to Kahn, just gave an example from top of my head, that one mistake is no reason to ramble about a player not deserving to be in the squad.

Leno being past his best is a false assessment in my opinion. Again I'm not comparing another keeper to Leno here, but did you see Mainz's first goal today? Now using your own logic, isn't it time to replace Neuer with a younger keeper and how deserves Nübel to be in the NT, if he can't replace Neuer after such blunders?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

56 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Why are you writing like a 12 year old on IRC? 

1 hour ago, The Käiser said:

PS: Leno is 29 years old, normally keepers reach their prime with 30 to 32 years, so no.

16 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

PS: Leno is 29 years old, normally keepers reach their prime with 30 to 32 years, so no.

Perhaps. . But I don’t find him to be consistent. Arsenal is not in a European spot in English league or in any cups semi’s. 

I know that can’t be pinned on one player but I don’t see him playing with a top tier club after his arsenal contract is done. 

1 hour ago, The Käiser said:

Maybe so 12yo like u can understand.

hope the way write did t ruin ur day.  If it did, I feel sorry for you.

have a nice day!

Text Talk

Please refrain from using text talk on the site. You are not restricted to an amount of characters in your post. Should you continue to use text-talk in your posts, you will be warned and if it continues, banned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Offensively the team can’t finish. Sane and Gnarby are not in form. We all know Werners form .

combine that with the group Germany is in, makes it even more disastrous. 
(bright side only 4 games left with Löw in charge; 3 group matches and 1 friendly)

So how bad will this euro tournament be:

2004 style?

2000 style?

other option?

• 4 weeks later...

@Tommy - We can move it here where it belongs - 

Play with more courage. We definitely had better players than England on the pitch today individually. Should have formed a braver and more attacking unit out of this. Except they always played the safe pass today, and passed it back to Rüdiger, Hummels or Neuer. No risky through ball, no courage, no confidence. 

I also never understood how Löw didn't nominate Ridle Baku who is probably the best German right back right now. He could have played in that position and we would have Kimmich in central midfield. But no, Löw kept playing Kroos and Gündogan through almost the whole tournament (except today), which just lacks fighting power. Plenty of better squad selections were available throughout. Like against France I would definitely have used a proper DM like Emre Can against France's attacking side. Ah well, it's over, and now we have to see how Hansi Flick does things. 

Löw was just too stubborn. I know we won the WC in 2014, but I still maintain the thought that we didn't win it because of him, but despite him. I think a REALLY good coach would have won more titles with Germany in 15 years. 

Why does Low hate Draxler so much? Never understood why is isn't in the squad. 

I still think want Germany is missing is a large forward. A Lukaku type of player that can hold up play, use his body well, and score when needed. Kai is just dying for someone else to have speed so that he can start tearing up defenses to bits, but a lot of his passes were to slower people and it just wasn't connecting well. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

@Tommy - We can move it here where it belongs - 

Why does Low hate Draxler so much? Never understood why is isn't in the squad. 

I still think want Germany is missing is a large forward. A Lukaku type of player that can hold up play, use his body well, and score when needed. Kai is just dying for someone else to have speed so that he can start tearing up defenses to bits, but a lot of his passes were to slower people and it just wasn't connecting well. 

I'm not even sure what Draxlers performances at PSG were like this season. So I can't comment on that. 

But yea, we certainly miss someone upfront who can just bang them in. I think Klose and Gomez were the last ones. I don't think there's anyone around at the moment who could fill that position right now though? Lukas Nmecha maybe one day. 

But still, the whole squad selection could have been much better. I would have also taken Florian Wirtz to the Euros. We lacked so much creativity going forward. 

Just now, Tommy said:

I'm not even sure what Draxlers performances at PSG were like this season. So I can't comment on that. 

But yea, we certainly miss someone upfront who can just bang them in. I think Klose and Gomez were the last ones. I don't think there's anyone around at the moment who could fill that position right now though? Lukas Nmecha maybe one day. 

But still, the whole squad selection could have been much better. I would have also taken Florian Wirtz to the Euros. We lacked so much creativity going forward. 

Draxler turned it around with PSG got Poch. He just played an AM role and was able to create a lot of chances, sadly it wasn't as many games we would have liked, but he certainly has been playing better. 

Also sad, is that he just extended his contract there until 2024, which is frustrating as I'd rather he come back to Bundesliga. 

Also, why not give Arnold a shot? Dude has been great for a couple of years now for Wolfsburg and works his ass off. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Also, why not give Arnold a shot? Dude has been great for a couple of years now for Wolfsburg and works his ass off. 

Yea, another decision I do not understand. I really hope Flick is more open minded when it comes to squad selections. 

I mean England for example had players from Leeds in their squad etc. I'd never expect Löw to select someone from like Augsburg, Mainz or Bochum. But that's just not the right approach.