talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I hope it happens :D

I have very mixed feelings as I'm scared of him picking up an injury while there, but all things considered, he deserves it and it would probably mean a lot to him, so I do hope it happens... 

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Do you really want him to go and potentially get injured? 😬 Or maybe he'll play so good that Barcelona come knocking. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, nudge said:

I have very mixed feelings as I'm scared of him picking up an injury while there, but all things considered, he deserves it and it would probably mean a lot to him, so I do hope it happens... 

Here's your answer :P

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

This is genuinely good news for the team in my opinion. Werner up top was the biggest mistake of the last WC, and we made plenty that year. 
I don't 'want' Werner to be injured and I hope he recovers but it will force the management team to not make the mistake they love to make. 

Niclas Füllkrug posted a video where he watched the Squad announcement in Bremen's locker room. 

When Adeyemi was announced you could hear someone say "Are you kidding me?", and when Brand was announced, someone said "Why him?" xD He already deleted the video. 

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Niclas Füllkrug posted a video where he watched the Squad announcement in Bremen's locker room. 

When Adeyemi was announced you could hear someone say "Are you kidding me?", and when Brand was announced, someone said "Why him?" xD He already deleted the video. 

It was not Füllkrug who posted the video, but Bittencourt, I believe xD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

It was not Füllkrug who posted the video, but Bittencourt, I believe xD 

Not surprised that it came from Bittencourt. I remember him crashing an interview, asking the reporters for wifi because he wanted to listen to music in the changing room. xD Like a kid asking his mom if he's allowed to use the Playstation. 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not surprised that it came from Bittencourt. I remember him crashing an interview, asking the reporters for wifi because he wanted to listen to music in the changing room. xD Like a kid asking his mom if he's allowed to use the Playstation. 

Yeah, Zetterer also posted it, but a shorter version without those comments xD

Bittencourt comes across as a joker in that Werder documentary, too xD 

• Upvote 2

How would we line up boys were the power in your hands? 

GK. Personally I like Ter Stegen. He is in his prime and is one of the top shot stoppers in the world
CBs. Sule and Rudiger. Has to be right? 
FBs. Raum for sure. I think I like Klosterman over Kehrer but we'll see
Midfield. This one is easy to fuck up if you overthink it, so don't fucking overthink it. Kimmich and Gundogan are very similar, so don't play them at the same time unless you're putting Gundy behind the striker for some reason. Muller and Havertz are very similar so don't play them at the same time! 
Width. Sane and Gnabry. Do not play either as the striker. 
Striker. Play the striker you picked. Literally the only 1 really. 

--------------------Ter Stegen----------------
Klosterman--Sule--Rudiger--Raum
-------Kimmich------------Goretzka-------
----------------Muller/Havertz---------------
Gnabry---------Fullkrug--------------Sane

With Gundogan also likely to have a role to play often. 

Well, Germany really struggled in their final warm up game before the World Cup against Oman. Germany had most of the possession as expected, but the Oman national team created several dangerous chances, they cut open the German defence on a regular basis. It was only poor finishing from the Omanis or last-ditch blocks by German defenders, that prevented Oman from scoring. Germany created chances of their own, but it was only until the 80th minute, that Germany managed to open the scoring, through the on form Fullkrug. But Oman put in a spirited performance and will be a somewhat disappointed with the final result, given their performance. For Germany, I think that the big-name players need to step up to the mark more. The German national team is full of excellent talent, in fact I'd say that in terms of names, this is one of the most talented German teams in years, but the players need to live up to their potential on the big stage.

I think that Fullkrug is now undoubtedly going to be Germany's main striker. He has had an excellent season so far with Werder Bremen, he scored the winning goal against Oman and I think we can expect plenty more goals from him at the World Cup. But other players, like the Bayern contingent of Sane, Gnabry, Muller, Musiala, Goretzka and Kimmich, all need to show the world, their actual quality. On paper, there is little doubt that Germany have the strength and ability to win this World Cup, but they have to deliver with their performances and show their fans how much it means to represent the German national team.

On 14/11/2022 at 23:29, Devil-Dick Willie said:

GK. Personally I like Ter Stegen. He is in his prime and is one of the top shot stoppers in the world
Midfield. This one is easy to fuck up if you overthink it, so don't fucking overthink it. Kimmich and Gundogan are very similar, so don't play them at the same time unless you're putting Gundy behind the striker for some reason. Muller and Havertz are very similar so don't play them at the same time! 

I'd definitely have Kimmich and Goretzka in midfield, instead of Gundogan. The Bayern duo play week in, week out together, Germany have to capitalise on their quality and their excellent understanding on the pitch. I pretty much agree with the team you've selected. Except I'd have Muller or Musiala just behind Fullkrug, instead of Havertz. Havertz hasn't been in great form this season, so I think he will struggle to start for Germany, given the strong competition. I also have always had a soft spot for Neuer, so I'd still choose him over the in form Ter Stegen.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

German retail chain REWE ends the sponsor partnership with the DFB with immediate effect. 

Granted, they already announced earlier that they will not be extending the DFB deal which ends this year, but this is still a very good example of the company's PR management reacting to the public opinion. Clever move by REWE, especially given the time of the year and Christmas approaching; let's see if any other sponsors follow their lead.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Granted, they already announced earlier that they will not be extending the DFB deal which ends this year, but this is still a very good example of the company's PR management reacting to the public opinion. Clever move by REWE, especially given the time of the year and Christmas approaching; let's see if any other sponsors follow their lead.

Definitely not VW. I hear the Qataris are highly involved there. 😬

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Definitely not VW. I hear the Qatari's are highly involved there. 😬

Yeah, no chance of that happening xD 

Same with Adidas, they are too busy abusing workers worldwide themselves :ph34r: Telekom are too heavily involved with both DFB and Bayern. And it will be probably a similar case with most other partners, most likely.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 14/11/2022 at 15:29, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No qualms with Süle but id probably still have Schlotterbeck ahead of him. I dont know how but I would find a way to start Musiala - maybe at the expense of Müller and Havertz. Hoffman's also looked really good but again not sure where you'd slot him exactly?. I think the wings/attacking line is set in stone and Kimmich Goretzka in the middle and Raum and Rudiger but the rest is somewhat open. I just hope we dont see Müller up front.