talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

football forum

16 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

No qualms with Süle but id probably still have Schlotterbeck ahead of him. I dont know how but I would find a way to start Musiala - maybe at the expense of Müller and Havertz. Hoffman's also looked really good but again not sure where you'd slot him exactly?. I think the wings/attacking line is set in stone and Kimmich Goretzka in the middle and Raum and Rudiger but the rest is somewhat open. I just hope we dont see Müller up front. 

Personally I wouldn't start Süle.  He has been less than impressive for Dortmund.  Hoffman as a wingback on the right.

I very much doubt that Füllkrug starts.  Flick will go for a false 9 with Gnabry or Havertz up front and that would make room for Musiala in behind.  Müller on one of the wings.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Coma said:

Personally I wouldn't start Süle.  He has been less than impressive for Dortmund.  Hoffman as a wingback on the right.

I very much doubt that Füllkrug starts.  Flick will go for a false 9 with Gnabry or Havertz up front and that would make room for Musiala in behind.  Müller on one of the wings.

Gnabry Hoffman down the one side is what would make sense. I'd bet your'e right with Füllkrug but I hope your'e wrong I dont want that false 9 non sense when we have the option of a striker. I also dont think Müller is better on the wings then Sane but maybe if Havertz is up front that does work. No matter what I think there has to be a way to start Musiala and then plan around that imo. 

15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Gnabry Hoffman down the one side is what would make sense. I'd bet your'e right with Füllkrug but I hope your'e wrong I dont want that false 9 non sense when we have the option of a striker. I also dont think Müller is better on the wings then Sane but maybe if Havertz is up front that does work. No matter what I think there has to be a way to start Musiala and then plan around that imo. 

I thought I read that Sane was out.  I think because of that Müller starts on the wing.  He will likely tuck in with Musiala... it might end up looking more like a 4-2-2-2 honestly.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Coma said:

I thought I read that Sane was out.  I think because of that Müller starts on the wing.  He will likely tuck in with Musiala... it might end up looking more like a 4-2-2-2 honestly.

I did not hear that but I hope thats not the case. If it is; yeah that does make alot of sense. 

Apparently hes out for the Japan match but no confirmation about anything further.

Edited by Viva la FCB

2 hours ago, Coma said:

False 9 like when we were embarrassed last world cup, and when we were embarrassed at the Euro, and when we finished 3rd in nations league?

coolio 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 23/11/2022 at 10:53, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Being right all the time is a curse.

I just dont understand it man. Its never worked for this team. Müller has basically never worked up front alone for club or country. The sample size is there, the guy was coming off sickness and short injuries and wasnt in form to put the shit cherry on top of it all. Different manager same Jogi. Maybe im brain washed from the 1 season wonder with Flick thinking it would be different. His unwaivering loyalty to Gündogan and Müller was ultimately his downfall. 

Tuchel would be amazing. Although, imagine if they really bring in Sammer as a technical director as well. Two strong personalities who never shy away from voicing their opinions. That has clash potential. 😬

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Apparently Flick says he will remain for Euro's, I suppose that could change from the DFB's perspective but I would expect no further changes. Personally I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him one more chance but it certainly wasn't encouraging. 

Edit: DFB president confirmed confidence in Flick so that's that. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Germany had one bad period of play against Japan and it costed them the tournament.

You're not really wrong but the way the team was performing was never good enough. The quality of that squad should have had no problems getting out of that group. I would nearly entirely attribute this to starting lineup decisions but even then the starting lineup against Japan should have been good enough to get a result imo, so its not all on Flick. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

Nah I want him gone. He's had 2 tournaments, and failed at both. Line ups not even close to good enough. Sule at RB? It just boggles my mind. 
Look at how open this world cup is, we'd have had a round of 16 match against Morocco had we got things right, and then genuinely at this stage it would have been a fair chance at a historic 5th WC. Instead we got teams with mixed up midfields, directionless attacks and weird RB choices, and the less said about Neuer the better. Didn't look great for over half the goals we conceded.  

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nah I want him gone. He's had 2 tournaments, and failed at both. Line ups not even close to good enough. Sule at RB? It just boggles my mind. 
Look at how open this world cup is, we'd have had a round of 16 match against Morocco had we got things right, and then genuinely at this stage it would have been a fair chance at a historic 5th WC. Instead we got teams with mixed up midfields, directionless attacks and weird RB choices, and the less said about Neuer the better. Didn't look great for over half the goals we conceded.  

Whats the second tourne hes been in charge of? I agree with the rest outside of Neuer; Neuer's been looking average all season tbf and I'd agree they should look to a successor going forward but he wasn't really a problem outside of the second Japan goal that should never beat him imo. I still dont think Ter Stegen is better either at this point for what thats worth... hes been average for far too many seasons.

The players dont get to skate on this one, as horrific as the lineup was against Japan you cannot tell me it was so bad they couldnt get a result.. too many passengers. 

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Whats the second tourne hes been in charge of? I agree with the rest outside of Neuer; Neuer's been looking average all season tbf and I'd agree they should look to a successor going forward but he wasn't really a problem outside of the second Japan goal that should never beat him imo. I still dont think Ter Stegen is better either at this point for what thats worth... hes been average for far too many seasons.

The players dont get to skate on this one, as horrific as the lineup was against Japan you cannot tell me it was so bad they couldnt get a result.. too many passengers. 

Nations league.