talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Flick has to be toast, no? I saw the lineup and he was trying Havertz up top again. So many out of form players.

That's not how we do things in Germany. We stick to shit until it's already too late. That's why we had 16 years of the Christian Union at the top of our government, and we are still sending faxes. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That's not how we do things in Germany. We stick to shit until it's already too late. That's why we had 16 years of the Christian Union at the top of our government, and we are still sending faxes. 

Crazy stuff. This many warning signs before any tourne let alone the last WC and still unlikely to make any changes is what youre saying. The Jogi Löw project was something to behold so I guess it really isnt too surprising. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see Schade get a call up, he really has the tools to become a top level striker. To have his size and physique as well as his pace, he creates so many problems for defenders. His finishing needs to improve a but the signs I’ve seen are that he could become a really good goalscorer

That's an embarrassing result, it's one thing to lose to Japan, but it's another thing to get trounced by them at home. I know it was only a friendly, but the team Germany put out was a strong one. I am not convinced with Havertz being the man up top. I think Germany lack a Harry Kane or a Lewandowski up-front. A world class centre forward who can guarantee loads of goals. Gone are the days of Miroslav Klose or Klinsmann before him.

2019/20 Bayern is one of the strongest teams I've ever seen, so I expected it Flick to do very well with the german NT. 

He seems completely lost though. Even if it that's not the best generation of players, Germany has a pretty good squad on paper. Funny thing is 06 team was weaker imo and Klinsmann is a worse coach than Hansi Flick. 

Any chance they ditch Hansi for Nagelsmann? 

DFB appointed Andreas Rettig as Bierhoff's successor. Finally, somebody who isn't afraid of disputes with the richest clubs or the board and known as critical of the nonsense DFB did with their "Mannschaft" branding and PR, and the NT "fan club" respectively, as well as critical of the massive influence the biggest clubs (especially Bayern and BVB) gained over the last 10 years. Honestly surprised it was him, who became sporting director as I expected DFB would sign a  less opionated yes man for this role.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

On 15/09/2023 at 19:30, Rucksackfranzose said:

DFB appointed Andreas Rettig as Bierhoff's successor. Finally, somebody who isn't afraid of disputes with the richest clubs or the board and known as critical of the nonsense DFB did with their "Mannschaft" branding and PR, and the NT "fan club" respectively, as well as critical of the massive influence the biggest clubs (especially Bayern and BVB) gained over the last 10 years. Honestly surprised it was him, who became sporting director as I expected DFB would sign a  less opionated yes man for this role.

First positive effects:

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The formation hes trying just seems bonkers on paper and these results are just embarrassing. I didnt watch but what do you say?

There just seems something fundamentally wrong with the core of this team. I'm not sure if some of these players have the right amount of motivation to play for the national team. I don't blame Nagelsmann for trying something new, but things need to change. Maybe leave out 2-3 of these big names who just don't deliver. Invite some players from the U21 maybe. They could hardly do worse. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

There just seems something fundamentally wrong with the core of this team. I'm not sure if some of these players have the right amount of motivation to play for the national team. I don't blame Nagelsmann for trying something new, but things need to change. Maybe leave out 2-3 of these big names who just don't deliver. Invite some players from the U21 maybe. They could hardly do worse. 

I saw he left Kimmich on the bench to start this one and Im all for it tbh cus your right something desperately reeks and has for sometime now. Three different managers with very similar results now its looking like. 

• Upvote 1