talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Man hes such an idiot. This is inregards to reports of Müller and Hummels getting called up before Euro's. Arguably Boateng has played his way back in as well imo but thats neither here nor there.

“I would like people to listen to me, too. I neither opened, nor closed the door,” said Löw, who predictably hedged on giving any indication what he might be thinking (per Abendzeitung). “As a coach I have to ask questions: What do we want to achieve? What’s our style of play? How can we make the team work? I’m making these considerations now for the tournament and then we will see.”

“I always said the change in the squad should take place without disruptions,” Löw (as captured by Deutsche Welle). “The pandemic resulted in a special situation where I question everything again ahead of the Euros to achieve success. We’ll see in May.”

Glad for the change. Timing is good as well. The team won’t make much success in this tournament so let Löw take the fall.

New manager new qualification process to get started. new beginning 

I like the Ragnicks rumours. He was also rumoured to be in Milan’s plan last summer. 

Flick, klopp, Tuchel, nagelsmann seem to be focused on club football now. Who else is there available/interested/qualified?

48 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Who else is there available/interested/qualified?

Stefan Kuntz. 

I heard that if Flick wants to do it, Bayern would be interested in Nagelsmann. Nagelsmann and Bayern. Isn't that just a match made in heaven? xD

On 09/03/2021 at 09:06, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy I dont believe germany should have won it before 2014. That Spanish side was one of the best international teams ever. Very rare that so many great players play for the same country. I'm no expert in german football but ne careful what you wish for mate 

It's an odd one. Germany 2010 was the best of them I've ever seen, and would have won that World Cup if Spain wasn't better.

Germany 2014 was underwhelming for the most part, but they got the job done. The squad quality was too much.

Germany 2018 was bad, but I'm not all convinced it was Low's doing. This new generation isn't even close to the previous one, Low was certainly part of the problem and was found out as a shit manager because he no longer had the same squad quality that he used to. I'm not convinced they would have been the main favourites even with another manager.

That said, this Germany side now is still much better than the one late 90's/early 2000's so they can never be ruled out of anything regardless.

On 14/03/2021 at 01:59, Mpache said:

It's an odd one. Germany 2010 was the best of them I've ever seen, and would have won that World Cup if Spain wasn't better.

Germany 2014 was underwhelming for the most part, but they got the job done. The squad quality was too much.

Germany 2018 was bad, but I'm not all convinced it was Low's doing. This new generation isn't even close to the previous one, Low was certainly part of the problem and was found out as a shit manager because he no longer had the same squad quality that he used to. I'm not convinced they would have been the main favourites even with another manager.

That said, this Germany side now is still much better than the one late 90's/early 2000's so they can never be ruled out of anything regardless.

It was 80% Lows outrageously poor selection and tactics. And 15% Timo Werner. The other 5% is for Kimmich playing RB, passing the ball backwards 167 times a game. 

You have one of the worlds best midfielders. You play him in defense. You play a wasteful midget at striker when you have one of the best goalscorers of the modern era at home. You play Toni Kroos no matter how poor he is that year. You're Joachim Low. And you deserve to have your balls electrocuted.  

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It was 80% Lows outrageously poor selection and tactics. And 15% Timo Werner. The other 5% is for Kimmich playing RB, passing the ball backwards 167 times a game. 

You have one of the worlds best midfielders. You play him in defense. You play a wasteful midget at striker when you have one of the best goalscorers of the modern era at home. You play Toni Kroos no matter how poor he is that year. You're Joachim Low. And you deserve to have your balls electrocuted.  

I know. What I am saying is the insane squad quality of 2014 was not to be matched, so there was probably extra confidence from his side. They did win the Confederations Cup with a second team after all.

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

What's to argue against this choice?

Also...Thought the great youth movement is on.  Why bring in these two who were not worthy before, certainly not now  

what about giving nübels a call up. Doesn’t have to play. Just be apart of the squad, get him integrated. Neuer gonna be like Buffon?? Thought nübels was the next big thing. 

seems like his career is done before it had a chance to start. 

and being skipped over for trapp and Leno...ouch

Edited by The Käiser

5 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Also...Thought the great youth movement is on.  Why bring in these two who were not worthy before, certainly not now  

what about giving nübels a call up. Doesn’t have to play. Just be apart of the squad, get him integrated. Neuer gonna be like Buffon?? Thought nübels was the next big thing. 

Now you have a laugh. Both Trapp and Leno are much better than Nübel, who reminds me of "Pannen-Olli" Reck with all the blunders he produces.

5 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Okay this is dumb. There's no point in blooding in Nubel just because. He can earn his caps like everyone else. 

5 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Why is it dumb? Why waste spots on past players who never impressed on international duty (Leno and trapp) secondly I’m not expecting Leno or trapp start any game in the euros. Or in qualifying unless it’s San Marino.

so why not give a young player who has been talked about having potential a chance (Bayern saw it, that’s why they signed him)?

he is practicing with a lot of players that makeup the Germany team while at Bayern so is familiar with them.  And has been around world class players 

who will be the #1 when neuer/ter Stegen retires?  if succession plans are not in place, players overstay and are not as effective 

Catch 22 how does a  player get experience if he doesn’t get called upon. 
he should have not signed with Bayern.  His career is over by this train of thought 

Who's gonna say that Nübel will be the number one, when Neuer and ter Stegen retire? Yes, he was signed by Bayern as was Michael Rensing a few years ago and our memories are working good enough to remember Bayern officials were trying to talk him into the national team with the exact explanation you use for Nübel. What if one goalkeepers gets redcarded and the second catch up an injury the next match? Playing Nübel over better keepers then, for Bayern fans having pet their vanity?