talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany National Team Discussion

football forum

Just now, Tommy said:

Better late than never. 

Curious as to why there is so much dislike towards Low, didn't he win you the World Cup in convincing fashion? 

I'll be honest I'm not clued up on the German NT, so in the dark surrounding Low's reign.

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Curious as to why there is so much dislike towards Low, didn't he win you the World Cup in convincing fashion? 

I'll be honest I'm not clued up on the German NT, so in the dark surrounding Low's reign.

We won the title not because of Löw, but despite of him. With the talent at his disposal he could/should have won sooner/more. He's incredibly stubborn, calls young promising players only up when the media basically pressures him into it, stays loyal to players that don't belong into the national team performance-wise, makes generally weird decisions, sticks to his old wooden principals and generally the national team has been playing an awful football for a long time now. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

I disagree. Germany were great pre 2016. Beaten by that Spanish team on two occasions otherwise it was their

4 to 5 years is a long time playing shite if you're the German national team. Germany is neither Pakistan nor England for fuck's sake.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

I disagree. Germany were great pre 2016. Beaten by that Spanish team on two occasions otherwise it was their

Did your head fall onto the enter key mid-sentence? :35_thinking:

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I can, although I wouldn't be too surprised if DFB were looking for somebody else like e.g. Stefan Kuntz (depending how U21 do this coming tournament) or Ralf Rangnick.

I heard you the first time. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I must say DFB appointing Klinsmann again would be kinda hilarious though. 

Bayern need to check if they still have those buddha statues stored in their basement. 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

British bookies are cute: Checked their odds and both Jürgen Klinsmann and Jupp Heynckes got short ones for Löw's succession.xD

British bookies really shouldn't be trusted or used as a barometer for anything, really. 

• Upvote 1

@Tommy I dont believe germany should have won it before 2014. That Spanish side was one of the best international teams ever. Very rare that so many great players play for the same country. I'm no expert in german football but ne careful what you wish for mate 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

I think it's also curious how Germany's successes in the last 15 years coincide with Hansi Flick's spell as assistant manager in the national team. Joined in 2006, left after winning the WM in 2014, and after that, it's been all going downwards. There have always been rumours about him being the binding force behind the team, but it would be interesting to know just how much influence did he have on tactics and player selection back then. 

It definitely seems like theres something there. It was nearly instantaneous when Flick took over from Kovac that things came together for us and players (like Boateng) where praising him left right and center. If fans and the media alike have boatloads of questions about personal, selection, tactics I cant imagine the players would feel much different about Löw. 

• Upvote 2