talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Friday 23rd March - France 2-3 Colombia

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we finished below them but I'd say we are better than Colombia. They grinded out their whole way to qualify. I hate what I'm about to say but Chile should have gone in their place, they are the better side.

Im glad it wasn't like that, but Chile are better in my eyes and while inconsistent, they knew what they wanted to play. Pekerman has lost the plot completely.

Colombia still have to prove to me that they aren't the disaster I believe them to be, but friendly or not, fair fucking play for this result.

• The title was changed to Friday 23rd March - France 2-3 Colombia
1 hour ago, Blue said:

I know we finished below them but I'd say we are better than Colombia. They grinded out their whole way to qualify. I hate what I'm about to say but Chile should have gone in their place, they are the better side.

Im glad it wasn't like that, but Chile are better in my eyes and while inconsistent, they knew what they wanted to play. Pekerman has lost the plot completely.

Obviousky you know more than me but i would be surprised if you're better than Columbia

Anyone notice that all Europeans lost at home (continent) to a South American?

Just saying...

(now cue the European winning the world cup again :()

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Obviousky you know more than me but i would be surprised if you're better than Columbia

Colombia are shite. They have better players than us but a terrible game plan. They've been griding out games for about 3 years now while we've been doing well in terms of general play.

Chile are better than both, as much as I hate to say that.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Colombia are shite. They have better players than us but a terrible game plan. They've been griding out games for about 3 years now while we've been doing well in terms of general play.

Chile are better than both, as much as I hate to say that.

Chile aren't in the world cup though mate. Sometimes you have to grind out results.  We'll see what happens in the world cup but if they get to the quarter finals and you go out at the group stage I don't think you can say you are better

Chile aren't in the world cup though mate. Sometimes you have to grind out results.  We'll see what happens in the world cup but if they get to the quarter finals and you go out at the group stage I don't think you can day you are better

I think we can depending on the situation.

Colombia have a much easier group and route to the quarters than we do, and keep in mind we also had to grind out some games. Chile won the last 2 Copa America's and went out due to a terrible mentality but in terms of football played, they are better than both of us.

Colombia have much better players than we do, but I'm not going to sit here and think that a team with little to no gameplan is better than a team that have quality players as well and actually know what they are doing on the pitch. Colombia run around like headless chickens at times.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Anyone notice that all Europeans lost at home (continent) to a South American?

Just saying...

(now cue the European winning the world cup again :()

I'd like to see a south American side win it. IE Argentina or Brazil because I doubt any other south American teams can. Personally I'd like to see Argentina because I want messi to win a world cup

Just now, Blue said:

I think we can depending on the situation.

Colombia have a much easier group and route to the quarters than we do, and keep in mind we also had to grind out some games. Chile won the last 2 Copa America's and went out due to a terrible mentality but in terms of football played, they are better than both of us.

Colombia have much better players than we do, but I'm not going to sit here and think that a team with little to no gameplan is better than a team that have quality players as well and actually know what they are doing on the pitch. Colombia run around like headless chickens at times.

I don't think so mate but each to their own

I don't think so mate but each to their own

Of course, but most people who have watched Colombia would agree they are crap. We have good players as well, so its not like we are a non-league side that know what they are doing. If we were, I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived