The better place to talk football.

Monday 26th March - Portugal 0-3 Netherlands

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

0-4

I.think you have quite a bad record against Portugal. Hope you win and Ronaldo gets injured and misses the world cup. Not that I don't like him or anything 

14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I.think you have quite a bad record against Portugal. Hope you win and Ronaldo gets injured and misses the world cup. Not that I don't like him or anything 

Haha  we have a bad record against everyone at the moment.  I hope we get at at-least a draw and Kluivert comes on at some point. 

13 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Haha  we have a bad record against everyone at the moment.  I hope we get at at-least a draw and Kluivert comes on at some point. 

When you say kluivert I always think if THE kluivert. Who was doing punditry xD

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

When you say kluivert I always think if THE kluivert. Who was doing punditry xD

Yea its strange as not so many players have son's who are good at football at a high level.  It just be refreshing to see some fresh talent, Kluivert is very direct like Robben which is what we need. 

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Yea its strange as not so many players have son's who are good at football at a high level.  It just be refreshing to see some fresh talent, Kluivert is very direct like Robben which is what we need. 

Did the very good generation that has just gone come through the youth system that won 2 u21 championship's?

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Did the very good generation that has just gone come through the youth system that won 2 u21 championship's?

No that was players like Babel, Vlaar, Drenthe, Maduro, Pieters, de Ridder, Rigters but none of them did anything much as they all left Holland so early or just didnt fulfil any of their potential. 

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Its not played like a friendly, very fast, aggressive.  Ronaldo has been very quiet so far but he cannot do everything 

International friendlies are different to club friendlies. They still don't mean much but there is still national pride and are used for testing. I also see more players take interest to the match compared to club level, which are usually played at parks.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived