talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Well done everyone

football forum

I didn't expect this to become a reality so soon. Fantastic start to the forum. Thanks to all who donated to get it up and running.

Pat on the back for everyone involved.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Just over a day of this new site's existence and already over 550 posts have been made.

A very impressive start so far and will only get better as time passes when members gets settled and new members keep coming in.

Keep it up!

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Did anyone PM Brian? If you don't know how to send PMs he would be happy to show you.

Also, does new forum mean we have to go through the Hazelwood saga? And do we get Kel back or do we instaban her?

my thoughts on this are that it's a new site so if they stumble across it then so be it. It's a new forum, a new site. I won't ban them just for signing up on here. However if they behave like they did on the other forum and bring all that shit on here from where they left off, it wont be long before they get banned any way.

I only just found out about this now. TFF had become stale and I was posting less and less,  close to stopping posting full stop. This forum has been needed to be honest and will likely have me posting on a forum more regularly again given that it already seems active enough and plenty of the great posters from TFF are already on here.

I wonder if the likes of Any O, Josh_BRFC, ASF and Liverbird can be encouraged to join here? I always had the impression they became inactive on TFF due to how downhill the forum had gone rather than simply not being arsed about posting on a forum anymore. It's true the forum pre-Chazz was no longer as busy as it was once, although always had enough discussion to keep a healthy number of members interested in posting on there. That was until Chazz took over and everything went sour. Errors all over the forum, zero discussion, people put off by his rudeness and lack of passion in running the forum, it was simply a joke and a new forum certainly makes sense as it's these members who made TFF what it was in the first place and kept it alive for so many years.

It's also good to see names like Deadlinesman, Batard and Storts actively posting somewhere again.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I only just found out about this now. TFF had become stale and I was posting less and less,  close to stopping posting full stop. This forum has been needed to be honest and will likely have me posting on a forum more regularly again given that it already seems active enough and plenty of the great posters from TFF are already on here.

I wonder if the likes of Any O, Josh_BRFC and Liverbird can be encouraged to join here? I always had the impression they became inactive on TFF due to how downhill the forum had gone rather than simply not being arsed about posting on a forum anymore. It's true the forum pre-Chazz was no longer as busy as it was once, although always had enough discussion to keep a healthy number of members interested in posting on there. That was until Chazz took over and everything went sour. Errors all over the forum, zero discussion, people put off by his rudeness and lack of passion in running the forum, it was simply a joke and a new forum certainly makes sense as it's these members who made TFF what it was in the first place and kept it alive for so many years.

It's also good to see names like Deadlinesman, Batard and Storts actively posting somewhere again.

They all know about the forum. Likewise with Stef who donated to the cause as well.

If anyone does want to donate to the upkeep of the forum, they can do so here

GGGon won't be joining us, unfortunately.

Thanks for the message, Luke did message me yesterday but I forgot to get back to him. 

I won't be joining the new site but I wish you the best of luck with it. I'll probably lurk around here until it inevitably dies, but my experiences in the past are that once you start splitting into multiple sites, it's the beginning of the end for the commmunity, tbh.

Cheers.

20 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

GGGon won't be joining us, unfortunately.

That's a strange response. What difference does it make to post in one place or another. He is a top member and I'm surprised with his stance. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

That's a strange response. What difference does it make to post in one place or another. He is a top member and I'm surprised with his stance. 

Yeah, it's a shame. He says he'll lurk around until TFF dies, but it's already dead.

14 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah, it's a shame. He says he'll lurk around until TFF dies, but it's already dead.

The only thing I can gather from wanting to stay on there is all the work he's put in because in all honesty it's a lot.  That's something I felt sad about because I'd put a lot of effort into trying to make the parts I know a bit about more entertaining and interesting.  I may be wrong in that assumption and he simply doesn't want to stat from anew. He'll be missed!

Archived