The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 27th March - England 1-1 Italy

football forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Hope England take the enthusiasm of Fridays game forward. I know it’s different gravy with the opposition, but try and keep that tempo up and hopefully it will be a good watch.

agree with this. don't think we were too bad on Friday. Would be different kind of test for sure tonight and Southgate's selection will be interesting as well given he sprung a few surprises against Netherlands too. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Honestly the best thing is to move forward and aim for the future. Continuing to select Buffon will back track that. 

Couldn't agree more. Perin needs all the games he can get at this level before the competitive games begin.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Just seen Bonucci's comments about England's younger players being better than Italy's. Mind Games surely?

If I seen the same comments as you did, I think he was merely comparing the difference in experience between Italy's young players and England's. 

Italy haven't given that much of a chance to younger players in the last couple of years and you can see that in the little amount of caps that quality players like Rugani, Caldara and Romagnoli have. 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I actually like what Southgate is trying to do with this team. Hopefully he is given time to build something and doesn't get sacked if the World Cup performance isn't that great.

I commend him for at least trying to be a bit different.

We're lucky to be level here though. Very lucky.

• Subscriber

Vardy scores against all the big clubs in the league and all the big countries internationally xD

Well, the big names anyway.

I've really warmed to Lingard as a player. He's a breath of fresh air. I wouldn't just take him to Russia I'd probably start him.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Vardy scores against all the big clubs in the league and all the big countries internationally xD

I've really warmed to Lingard as a player. He's a breath of fresh air. I wouldn't just take him to Russia I'd probably start him.

just further proof mate that he's the best striker England have ever had

• Subscriber

Good half. First five minutes was a shambles but I think we've grown into it, and since the goal we've bossed it.

I'm the biggest whinger about England going but I'm actually quite liking some of our football. Lingard and Sterling are a breath of fresh air and Vardy's movement is opening things up for them. I think Young's looked decent as well.

God knows what we'll go on to do under Southgate but it's considerably better than under Hodgson.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Thats why he didnt have a touch against Netherlands

• The title was changed to Tuesday 27th March - England 1-1 Italy
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived