talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 27th March - England 1-1 Italy

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Thats why he didnt have a touch against Netherlands

God knows why people are going on like it's his fault. He made the runs. Blame the midfield.

He also scored against Holland last year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I'm sorry for my lack of patriotism but I've decided to turn Spain vs Argentina on but before doing so Sterling and Lingard for having class games, particularly Sterling, who was a constant threat. 

I love Sterling. Such an impacting player and he's come on leaps and bounds this season, clearly Guardiola having an effect on him. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Holland dropped deep enough he couldn't have an impact.

There were a number of times he was free for a pass. Alli I felt was the main culprit in not actually passing it to him.

It's not a big deal in all honesty. It's just a funny statistic.

• Administrator

Goal Italy! Insigne equalises.

Not sure it was a penalty to be honest. Chiesa's foot goes towards Tarkowski. The defender is just running normally and Chiesa's foot is caught under Tarkowski's stride. 

• Administrator
Just now, UNORTHODOX said:

So VAR has failed again, I'm beginning to change my mind about it. It seems like they are scared to overrule the referee.

how?

Referee gave a corner.
VAR has suggested referee analyse the decision again (i.e an over-ruling?)
Referee then goes over and looks back at video footage and changes his own decision. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

how?

Referee gave a corner.
VAR has suggested referee analyse the decision again (i.e an over-ruling?)
Referee then goes over and looks back at video footage and changes his own decision. 

Yeah I've just seen it again, I thought the ref awarded the penalty but it was the VAR which makes it even worse.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 27th March - England 1-1 Italy
  • The topic was unpinned

Not on here, yet (there will be a few) but it’s shocked me the amount of people that think that’s a pen on social media. It’s a coming together, what the fucks Tarkowski meant to do?!

i didn’t watch it all but from what I saw it was boring but we looked solid at the back again. I’m not one for praising Southgate but it does seem he’s made us hard to beat and solid at the back. It’s a proper 5 defender set up when we haven’t got the ball.

• Subscriber

I didn't even think it was that boring. I thought going forward we were really good at times. Cohesive football.

It's a shame VAR's become the talking point again because I actually think we deserve some praise. It wasn't an amazing performance, but we did a lot of the basics so much better. The movement is better, the football is better, there's more fluidity in our play.

I thought we finished weakly and we definitely lost some composure late on, but there's the foundations for a decent side there.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I didn't even think it was that boring. I thought going forward we were really good at times. Cohesive football.

It's a shame VAR's become the talking point again because I actually think we deserve some praise. It wasn't an amazing performance, but we did a lot of the basics so much better. The movement is better, the football is better, there's more fluidity in our play.

I thought we finished weakly and we definitely lost some composure late on, but there's the foundations for a decent side there.

Thats the plan to get VAR out there

Been to this tonight and on the way home now. A few points

Why didn’t England seek to kill the game off? I personally thought England looked quite good in the first half and looked the only team likely to win the game, so it was a disappointment to see the performance after the break.

Whether the five subs by England were a  reason for the lack of intensity in the second half I don’t know but friendly or not, England should have pushed for a second and maybe a third as it’s good practice for a ‘proper’ game like at a World Cup. 

Italy were poor I’m not really sure whether the Italians on show tonight had much bearing on the fact Italy won’t be going to Russia but whether those on show were responsible or this is their ‘new age’, they were pretty poor for much of tonight’s game. I rated Andrea Belotti when he come on but they really looked, similar to England in the sense that both teams had no/few top players on the pitch tonight. However, I must say Italy were the better side for the final thirty minutes and were deserving of a draw. 

VAR. First time I’ve seen it used in the flesh tonight and I can’t really complain about it. The one thing I would say is that it’s a bit pointless that once the big screens at either end signified that the penalty was going to VAR, us in the ground just watched the referee watching the incident on the big screens. I’d like to see some ‘involvement’, if you can call it that, by having the reviewed incident shown within the ground. At most Premier League grounds this will be a problem I know but at places like Wembley, any reviewed incident should be shown, IMO. I’ve read the decision was correct, as I’ve not seen it back, so I won’t question that till I’ve seen it. 

Wembley is awful. I’ve tried, I really have tried to like Wembley but an England game is the archetypal Modern Football day out. Queuing up outside I had some ginger lad behind me, with his painted black nails, that looked like a shit version of Kasabian, turn to his mate and say “Imagine if I get to the front and they say no trainers”. He was deadly serious.

It is a day out for the masses with people turning up well into the game, leaving fifteen minutes early, selfies and popcorn. It just feels wrong and I think that plays a part in the atmosphere at England games at Wembley. I’d argue that England needs a couple of ‘singing sections’ inside the ground, similar to what Crystal Palace have. Manufactured perhaps, but it’s done wonders to Palace and Selhurst and could help at Wembley. 

• Subscriber

Agree fully on Wembley. Thought the atmosphere sounded atrocious. I think Wembley as a stadium sums up the direction football crowds in this country have gone in. 

I can see the penalty because of Young.

Though Chiesa deserves to have his testicles removed for that display of being a complete and utter pussy. How people look their friends and family in the eyes after being that much of a soft cunt?

I thought the draw was about right on the balance of play and chances created for both sides... Our start was a bit slugglish I thought and Stones not giving much confidence piss balling about in the opening minutes but he settled as the game went on. Italy could have gone ahead if they had been more clinical in front of goal so although it was late on I think they deserved something from the game..

Great goal from Vardy and well reacted too when we got the chance we took it well.. Funny because Vardy was getting a bit of a slating in the studio before the game which I thought was a bit harsh considering he had only been on the pitch for 22 minutes in our previous game.. Did kind of shut them up a bit sharpish when he smashed that ball home.. 

Mixed feelings about the VAR shout.. I don't really know what they expect in a contact sport where players are going to be colliding with or crashing into each other like that accidents will happen and it's not as though he made a deliberate attempt to foul the player but when you see the replay he did step on his foot and impede him ( typical modern day footballer dramatics aside ) it was foul for me and the right decision... I will say that it was not a clear and deliberate foul but they still gave it anyway which only muddies the waters further, Can you imagine something like that happening in a Semi Final game... 

If it had been the other way around I am fairly sure we would have been crying blue murder over it if it had not been given.. 

Archived