talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 27th March - Spain 6-1 Argentina

football forum

11 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I was rooting for a 7-1. Damn, almost. haha The only good thing out of that match is the fact that Sampaoli will probably be forced to take Dybala.

Haha. I don't think that would be beneficial and i also don't think it will happen either. Missing Messi and Lanzini was obviously important but Spain also missed Busquets and another guy too.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Some of the Argentina players lost their cool at the end there. Anyway... Great result and a message even if it is a friendly because it's not just this game over the past year.

I don't know about players (tbf, Spanish NT was hard at tackling too) but you gotta love how Argentine fans lose their cool:

"Cementerio de canelones

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Haha. I don't think that would be beneficial and i also don't think it will happen either. Missing Messi and Lanzini was obviously important but Spain also missed Busquets and another guy too.

Lanzini isn't really any significance 

Hope Real are keen on a Isco - Hazard swap o.O

Seriously though Argentina is shite, even fucking Bosnia conceded just five from Spain and it was in the qualifiers. Messi will never achieve nothing with the national selection.

Fuck Berserker, Brazil all the way

9 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

I don't know about players (tbf, Spanish NT was hard at tackling too) but you gotta love how Argentine fans lose their cool:

"Cementerio de canelones

That's extraordinary to be fair, but then again I've seen the same treatment towards Messi from many Argentina fans.

What do you think @Berserker mate?

Iago Aspas is the answer for Spain up front because his natural game containing intensity up front closing down and not being static in terms of waiting for the ball is what it's all about. Spain don't play a game designed for a front man that's great at holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Spain already play a a football that's associative with quick combinative pass and move ethics... Aspas plays the same way, but up front in the manner David Villa used to by dropping off to the flanks and coming inside.  He also comprehends the moves those around him makes as were seen in the goals he was involved in when he came on.  The other player that has to be selected for the World Cup for Spain is Valencia's Rodrigo who is much of the same as Aspas only slightly more direct.  From there, Lopetegui can choose that third front man he wants to take which should be either Álvaro Morata or Diego Costa for an option for a more traditional forward when necessary.

9 minutes ago, Berserker said:

There are a lot of retards here, just like any country unfortunately.

For sure mate, being retarded isn't exclusive to any particular country as we have the same affliction all over the world (too many unfortunately).

But the bit that gets me is that reaction to individuals in Argentina which I'm sure you've seen many times before.  The worst part is that something unusual occurs there which I've never seen anywhere else and this is the media.  The press (the journalists) are the ones who feed these thick, less intelligent individuals who then go and become vocal with their spit infested forked tongues.

I read the Argentinian sports press avidly and more times than not they are the ones to blame for the total destruction of professional athletes when things don't go well or negative results occur.  They (the press) actually pick out individuals and destroy them, which then in turn get the very stupid element of the public (the ones that have unfortunately been taught to read... You should never teach a very stupid person to read I've always thought) all riled up.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

For sure mate, being retarded isn't exclusive to any particular country as we have the same affliction all over the world (too many unfortunately).

But the bit that gets me is that reaction to individuals in Argentina which I'm sure you've seen many times before.  The worst part is that something unusual occurs there which I've never seen anywhere else and this is the media.  The press (the journalists) are the ones who feed these thick, less intelligent individuals who then go and become vocal with their spit infested forked tongues.

I read the Argentinian sports press avidly and more times than not they are the ones to blame for the total destruction of professional athletes when things don't go well or negative results occur.  They (the press) actually pick out individuals and destroy them, which then in turn get the very stupid element of the public (the ones that have unfortunately been taught to read... You should never teach a very stupid person to read I've always thought) all riled up.

It happens, but i've also seen it happen in Spain very frequently, mostly by Marca. And yeah retards are like sheep, they see one pseudo-journo criticizing a player and they instinctively do the same because they don't have the capacity to think by themselves nor that of analysing facts, they just repeat what they heard.

7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

It happens, but i've also seen it happen in Spain very frequently, mostly by Marca. And yeah retards are like sheep, they see one pseudo-journo criticizing a player and they instinctively do the same because they don't have the capacity to think by themselves nor that of analysing facts, they just repeat what they heard.

You're right, that most countries do have shit press and who can forget the English press and their treatment of Graeme Taylor back in the day.  We don't have dedicated sports newspapers in the UK and instead the back of the newspaper is dedicated to sports. But at times they've even used the front pages to reproduce their sentiments (sentiments being something a professional journalist should always be big enough and professional enough to bypass)...

3C1598D300000578-4114940-This_Sun_back_p

24 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Not really, Spain/Spanish football is just on another level.

He's obviously baiting. After 8 or 9 CONMEBOL wins over UEFA, its suddenly a joke if one team loses a game.

Spain do look like the real deal though after years of struggling under Del Bosque (his last few years).

31 minutes ago, Ruigol said:

@SirBalon xDxDxD

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Higuain/Aguero

Dybala

Perotti-------------------------Messi

Biglia----Banega

Tagliafico--Mascherano---Otamendi---Mercado

Romero 

I'll answer you both on here with how I personally feel on the Argentinian subject.

He (Messi) knows his football. He's been most of his life living in one place and playing for a club where it's become singular to him and that look on his face I would say is more of "Where's the equilibrium to be found and do we possess it".  

The whole thing is a conundrum and not an easy one to solve to be honest.

I've said it a hundred times and I won't stop repeating it... Argentina have a midfield crisis, a crisis that's over 15 years old at least.  Also, I'll add that this crisis in midfield isn't just a question of one or two players being shifted about or finding within the ranks of the Argentinian pool of players the one that will provide the equation to the problem.

Cicero has eternally brought up formations and selections in how he feels it would probably work, but I think the answer is a much more simpler one than that which resides in pragmatism and trying to forget status and a search for finding an answer that is bedded down in nostalgia, the nostalgia and melancholy of how Argentina historically played the game.  If we all listen to "El Flaco" (Menotti) for too long (trust me, I do, he along with Cruyff are the epitome of understanding the beautiful side of the game) Argentina will never move forward. The thing is that you have to opposite side of the spectrum with Bilardo where if you listen to to him you end up spouting nonsense.

For me the answer consists of the style of football and is all about being basic (in Argentina's case of a crisis of a lack of quality in midfield) like Portugal were in the European Championship they won two years ago.  Portugal (Fernando Santos) didn't give two hoots about what people were saying concerning how Portugsl were going about their results in that tournament... "Oh, they've only won one game, they're so boring, they're so defensive or Portugal are anti-football".  I remember Machado (while the tournament was on course) saying that if Portugal won, he couldn't give a damn about how it was being achieved.  I have many Portuguese friends and very few said otherwise.

The problem is having a player like Lionel Messi and everything he's about (which is very different to having Cristiano Ronaldo and what he's about football wise) because you are forced, almost forced, to think out of the box, to feel obliged to provide something resembling how he plays his game and what it's all about at his club.

Stop focusing on Messi and let him do his thing.  Construct the team's style in being rugged and an airtight mechinasim of defence and then let the only area Argentina have talent do its damage which is up front.  Whether or not Sampaoli is the man to provide something of the sort I don't know because he's a bit of a strange character when it comes to football. 

Archived