• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 27th March - Spain 6-1 Argentina

football forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I’ll say something... It’s sometimes unlikely players that are selected for World Cups or European Championships that make that difference and are just right. That man in my opinion is Aspas.

Fits the system better than Morata or Costa 

3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

4 goals he's been involved in since coming on. He's got to be your first choice man upfront. 

I would say so and to be honest it’s been something the Spanish press have speculated on for a while although they’ve also said politics could come into this. Lopetegui would have to be strong and his own man like Aragonés once was and never called Raúl again...

• Administrator

getting ridiculous now and I don't mean in scoreline.

So many needless and petty fouls being made. Amazed Meza didn't get sent off yet. Ramos had to get involved as well. 

• The topic was unpinned

This is very shameful, through history we've mostly bossed Spain so this is like being thrown a bucket of cold water. They obviously played way better but we also have been very unfortunate, 3rd goal came from a foul we weren't given, 1st and 4th there were deflections. And also we have been denied two pens (although Spain also had a valid goal ruled off). Also our XI was very unbalanced, three number 5s just wasn't gonna work.

23 minutes ago, Berserker said:

This is very shameful, through history we've mostly bossed Spain so this is like being thrown a bucket of cold water. They obviously played way better but we also have been very unfortunate, 3rd goal came from a foul we weren't given, 1st and 4th there were deflections. And also we have been denied two pens (although Spain also had a valid goal ruled off). Also our XI was very unbalanced, three number 5s just wasn't gonna work.

I was rooting for a 7-1. Damn, almost. haha The only good thing out of that match is the fact that Sampaoli will probably be forced to take Dybala.

Archived