talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafa Benítez Continues to Moan About Resources

Rafa Benitez says Newcastle's hierarchy must give him resources to improve the squad if they want to keep him happy at the club.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley had hoped to sell Newcastle by Christmas, but a bid from Amanda Stavely appears to be on hold until at least the end of the season - when the club's position in the Premier League is confirmed.

Benitez believes eight more points will secure their status for next season, but said relegation fights were not what he had in mind when he agreed to stay at the club.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullshit journalism.

He actually gave a long in depth interview and the Telegraph took one sentence where all he said was we have to change the way we do things because it wasn't working before he arrived. That's it. Yet it is blown up into some so called Rafa outburst.

I'd actually recommend his interview as he talks about how he was using his Commodore to record stats on real madrid players in training when he was 16 years old xD

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 13:08, Kitchen Sales said:

Bullshit journalism.

He actually gave a long in depth interview and the Telegraph took one sentence where all he said was we have to change the way we do things because it wasn't working before he arrived. That's it. Yet it is blown up into some so called Rafa outburst.

I'd actually recommend his interview as he talks about how he was using his Commodore to record stats on real madrid players in training when he was 16 years old xD

Yeah, this is usually the case with Rafa and his "outbursts" other than the "Facts" outburst (which I thought was funny as well as accurate). British sports media takes a sentence, builds a bullshit story around it and then decides to ignore the rest of his interview. For instance, I'm pretty sure the interview you're referencing mentions that he's happy at Newcastle and he likes his job - but this article indicates that Newcastle have to do more to make him happy and keep him at the job. Which simply isn't what he said in the interview.

Archived