• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mohamed Salah to Real Madrid

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Would I like to see this happen? What kind of question is that?

No I wouldn't. And I'd rather see more players tell Madrid and Barca to fuck off.

I don't think he'll stay and my reference to that random number just goes with what the market seems to be doing these days. If a person can go for close to 500 mil on the trot with some added bonuses and not get past where a club holding a player in the quarter-finals of a CL is then surely that club can ask for more. I still think that two seasons of evaluation gives the footballing world a  clear guestimate on how much Mo is really worth but in all honesty I can't see him flourishing in a team that doesn't play football the way we do. The option really is Barcelona for him but I hope the board doesn't cave in and let things go the same way they have in the past (which they will is my guess). Holding power really only comes with showcasing how good you are against the rest of Europe and Liverpool is not there yet. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Another reason why I believe player swaps will be a thing in the future 

Surely if this had any truth Liverpool would be reasonable enough to ask for either Bale or Asensio as part of the deal? 

Massive downgrades for us compared to Salah this season tbh. I'd be pretty annoyed if it was just a straight swap, would want a fat grip of cash if we were getting one of them in return for Salah as well.

37 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Another reason why I believe player swaps will be a thing in the future 

Surely if this had any truth Liverpool would be reasonable enough to ask for either Bale or Asensio as part of the deal? 

Very, very unlikely. There's plenty of evidence that if Klopp can't get the guy he wants, he'll just go without (see our left back situation last season and our centre back situation the first half of this season). There's no chance we'd take a reduced fee in order to get a player who isn't exactly what we want and I don't think either Asensio or especially Bale are exactly what we'd want.

I do see the value in player swaps when you won't be able to attract a player on the same level as the one you're selling, but I don't think we'd do it in this situation.

I wouldn't go overboard for Salah on a transfer fee based on one season.  That's absolutely mental and if it were to happen (which in today's football shouldn't be surprising to be honest), then we can truly say that football is broken and has become a console game in itself.

On the hypothetical part of who he would suit more, Barça or Real, well on what each club plays traditionally, he suits Real Madrid a hell of a lot more than Barcelona. Both are obviously traditionally attacking clubs by nature but Real has always been a lot more direct in their approach historically than Barcelona.   I wouldn't want him at Barcelona at all.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Massive downgrades for us compared to Salah this season tbh. I'd be pretty annoyed if it was just a straight swap, would want a fat grip of cash if we were getting one of them in return for Salah as well.

a swap for bale and salah.    you'll be getting a limp noodle in bale.     madrid has a bad case of injured players.   Woodgate.   Kaka.   Robben.    But when Robben went to Bayern, he was always fit.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Real Madrid probably will go all out this summer, after a fairly "poor" season considering their high standards.

Hope they get Hazard and Courtois.

You'd be willing to let Hazard go? Why?

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

His heart isn't set here. These past couple seasons have been really tedious in that matter. Players stating their heart is somewhere else. Like they are forced to be here and are suffering, inspite getting paid generously. 

I'll give Hazard the benefit of the doubt as even though he has continued to say these things, his influence more than anyone has led us win those 2 league titles. Costa dissapears in the 2nd half of the season and Courtois is just a plain liability. (I find it completely hilarious how after getting megged by Messi, he comes out stating his heart is set at Chelsea. Looks like Real have lost their interest). 

Costa, Hazard, Courtois. Enough is enough. Get players that actually want to be here and don't open their mouths to the media about their interest of other clubs. 

You just have to look at Kante. A few days ago when there was speculation he could go to Real or PSG, he flat out told the reporters. "Chelsea is my home. This is my club". 

I'd giftwrap Hazard to Real to keep Kante. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

His heart isn't set here. These past couple seasons have been really tedious in that matter. Players stating their heart is somewhere else. Like they are forced to be here and are suffering, inspite getting paid generously. 

I'll give Hazard the benefit of the doubt as even though he has continued to say these things, his influence more than anyone has led us win those 2 league titles. Costa dissapears in the 2nd half of the season and Courtois is just a plain liability. (I find it completely hilarious how after getting megged by Messi, he comes out stating his heart is set at Chelsea. Looks like Real have lost their interest). 

Costa, Hazard, Courtois. Enough is enough. Get players that actually want to be here and don't open their mouths to the media about their interest of other clubs. 

You just have to look at Kante. A few days ago when there was speculation he could go to Real or PSG, he flat out told the reporters. "Chelsea is my home. This is my club". 

I'd giftwrap Hazard to Real to keep Kante. 

to be fair to Kante, has supported Chelsea since he's been a kid anyway.

21 hours ago, Mel81x said:

He and Thibo are Madrid bound, Eden overall isn't a bad player at times i talk more shit than i actually should. However Thibo is poor, very poor and has a big mouth. Eden will give us enough money to get a player that wants to be at the club, and get a keeper that does the job. If Eden by any chance stays beyond this summer he will probably never join Real Madrid.

I've just been sent an article via email that's about 8 years old where Salah's dad talks about how his dad (Salah's grandfather) wished and told his grandson that he would one day play for Real Madrid.

Let the ball start rolling and all the shananigans football fans where the player presently plays hate so much.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived