talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Sánchez: I Expected Better of Myself

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

xD 

As funny as that truth is, what we have here is a typical and very common example of plain old greed. Excepting Barça where he was seen as surplus to requirements with few choices and too good to be on the bench, what he's done the moment he's arrived in England and started to receive earned plaudits is forget football and return to a method of thinking that is based on selfishness and a conditioned form of believing in need... = Greed.

Many people suffer from this but the lower your exposure to the world at an early age coupled with a good education, the result is an unbalanced one.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

As funny as that truth is, what we have here is a typical and very common example of plain old greed. Excepting Barça where he was seen as surplus to requirements with few choices and too good to be on the bench, what he's done the moment he's arrived in England and started to receive earned plaudits is forget football and return to a method of thinking that is based on selfishness and a conditioned form of believing in need... = Greed.

Many people suffer from this but the lower your exposure to the world at an early age coupled with a good education, the result is an unbalanced one.

Why is it greed? Arsenal are finished as a force, why would he let his career rot there, if Mourinho leaves (which I expect him too in the next year) then he can get back to his best. There was no guarantee Manchester City would come back in for him and he obviously hated it at Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why is it greed? Arsenal are finished as a force, why would he let his career rot there, if Mourinho leaves (which I expect him too in the next year) then he can get back to his best. There was no guarantee Manchester City would come back in for him and he obviously hated it at Arsenal.

There are no quotes as to hating it at Arsenal. Why would he hate it there?  Were they selling his kids in a child prostitution racket?  It's a football club for god's sake!  A club based in London (I know you won't like that last part) and a club where he made his biggest impact as of yet.  The reason he moved was due to personal gain!  Not that there's anything wrong with this as I put well in my previous post. Uneducated people can't decipher life in an apt manner most of the time.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There are no quotes as to hating it at Arsenal. Why would he hate it there?  Were they selling his kids in a child prostitution racket?  It's a football club for god's sake!  A club based in London (I know you won't like that last part) and a club where he made his biggest impact as of yet.  The reason he moved was due to personal gain!  Not that there's anything wrong with this as I put well in my previous post. Uneducated people can't decipher life in an apt manner most of the time.

A club incapable of challenging at the top is not befitting of such a player, he's wasted 3 1/2 years at Arsenal without competing for top titles. He is an ambitious man and saw leaving as his only option, trying to paint it all as greed is delusional and smacks of denial about the pitiful, secondary status of Arsenal nowadays. He's now moved to a far bigger club, with a much better chance of competing at the top and yes, bigger wages too. He would have got the same at Manchester City but couldn't take the gamble of waiting for pep, his desperation to move from Arsenal is shown by this.

Not sure what the emboldened bit is about, when have I ever disparaged London, a wonderful place. Arsenal as a club and their support is a different matter.

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A club incapable of challenging at the top is befitting of such a player, he's wasted 3 1/2 years at Arsenal without competing for top titles. He is an ambitious man and saw leaving as his only option, trying to paint it all as greed is delusional and smacks of denial about the pitiful, secondary status of Arsenal nowadays. He's now moved to a far bigger club, with a much better chance of competing at the top and yes, bigger wages too. He would have got the same at Manchester City but couldn't take the gamble of waiting for pep, his desperation to move from Arsenal is shown by this.

Not sure what the emboldened bit is about, when have I ever disparaged London, a wonderful place. Arsenal as a club and their support is a different matter.

Really?

Theyve been competing at our level for a number of recent years and yes last year they won the League Cup and the Europa League, something he wasn't involved in because he was at another club shrouded in mediocrity. Those are the facts unless you want to sell me brand names?

On 3/22/2018 at 06:01, Gunnersauraus said:

I think we didn't do to badly in the end. He was playing shit and still is

If anything he got a bit worse. Sort of reminds me of us selling Torres to Chelsea. Sometimes it's not a bad idea to sell a fading star while you can still get value out of them.

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A club incapable of challenging at the top is not befitting of such a player, he's wasted 3 1/2 years at Arsenal without competing for top titles. He is an ambitious man and saw leaving as his only option, trying to paint it all as greed is delusional and smacks of denial about the pitiful, secondary status of Arsenal nowadays. He's now moved to a far bigger club, with a much better chance of competing at the top and yes, bigger wages too. He would have got the same at Manchester City but couldn't take the gamble of waiting for pep, his desperation to move from Arsenal is shown by this.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Really?

Theyve been competing at our level for a number of recent years and yes last year they won the League Cup and the Europa League, something he wasn't involved in because he was at another club shrouded in mediocrity. Those are the facts unless you want to sell me brand names?

Unless of course, (we don't know this) he doesn't give two tosses about trophies and juat wants cash, cash, cash. You two are arguing about the inner throughts of a human being, we just can't know these things. It could be for winning... Either way he did for himself, which is what most footballers do- it isn't like he owes anything to Arsenal

24 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Went from playing with messi to defeating his argie team back to back to the point that messi retired from the NT. He will be back, winner mentality doesn't fade away too easy

Chile win so much they won a fucking vacation from this world cup

Sanchez has been off form for quite some while now, not just when he moved to Man Utd, I say probably for 2 years now.    Mourinho also is not the best coach as well for flair players, he will not suit the tactics of this kind of coach, it seems most of the flair players at Man Utd are suffering because of him.   

At Arsenal, Sanchez was always a fearful player. At United, he literally doesn't have an ounce of the same influence he had at Arsenal. I don't even get nervous when he has the ball anymore. 

Sanchez was phenomenal for us in his last full season here, ended up with 30 goals and 19 assists. Truly one of those who can make something out of nothing. Truth be told he is a individualist and can be very selfish. Under Wenger he was allowed to get away with it far too much.

He is also a difficult character and wasn't particular liked, but his tenacity was something we lacked and really made up for his selfishness. Although all of that went out the window when his move to City fell through and he just gave up and hasn't got out of that slump since. All I can say is I'm glad he ended up at United, I think he would have been unbelievable at City under Pep. 

12 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Sanchez was phenomenal for us in his last full season here, ended up with 30 goals and 19 assists. Truly one of those who can make something out of nothing. Truth be told he is a individualist and can be very selfish. Under Wenger he was allowed to get away with it far too much.

He is also a difficult character and wasn't particular liked, but his tenacity was something we lacked and really made up for his selfishness. Although all of that went out the window when his move to City fell through and he just gave up and hasn't got out of that slump since. All I can say is I'm glad he ended up at United, I think he would have been unbelievable at City under Pep. 

He's definitely more a player Pep can get more out of than Mourinho. Alexis is a player that offers a team setup to attack and not so rigid.

Yet again, just only goes to strengthen my argument that Hazard would be a world beater under an attacking manager. 

The fact Sanchez has gone from a 30 goal attacking winger to what he is now under a conservative manager. 

Archived