talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Wilshere Leaves West Ham By Mutual Consent

Jack Wilshere admits he would like his Arsenal future to be sorted before the World Cup and revealed Arsene Wenger told him he could leave at the start of the season.

The England midfielder found himself at a crossroads in his career last summer, having returned from Bournemouth after a promising loan spell that ended with yet another injury.

Struggling for fitness and time on the pitch, Wilshere has not played for his country since the Euro 2016 last-16 exit to Iceland, although Gareth Southgate has named him in his squad for the upcoming friendlies against the Netherlands and Italy.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for him. I think he could have been a great player if not for injuries. I've always thought he would be getting asbos if it wasn't for football though

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he wants to play for England, he needs more regular football. But I suspect if he plays more football, he'll get more bad injuries and he'll continue his struggles. I don't think Arsenal should persist with him.

I suppose if he plays for a team further down the league he will be able to get a game when not so match fit. But it will always be a struggle for him.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I suppose if he plays for a team further down the league he will be able to get a game when not so match fit. But it will always be a struggle for him.

Pretty similar to Sturridge tbh, but I think Sturridge's body is too broken for him to ever return to his brilliant form. No idea about Wilshire tbh, but seeing Sturridge over the last few years has eroded my confidence that he'll ever be match fit ever again.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

didn't he struggle with injuries at Bournemouth?

I have no idea how many professional footballers smoke but perhaps it's not doing Wilshere much good having that kind of shit poison your body. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I have no idea how many professional footballers smoke but perhaps it's not doing Wilshere much good having that kind of shit poison your body. 

Zidane smoked and he wasn't a complete sicknote like Wilshere.

Hope he leaves just because it'll annoy arsenal fans. I think he's had an OK season but not as good as some Arsenal fans make out. He's just been one of the better ones out of a very bad bunch.

With regards to smoking. I recently had ACL surgery and my surgeon specifically told me that if I smoke ill have less chance of a positive outcome and slower recovery time. I think it reduces oxygen flow through the body which means the graft heals slower? I think, something like that.

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't know. But I would imagine it would be harder to get his place back at  arsenal

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty similar to Sturridge tbh, but I think Sturridge's body is too broken for him to ever return to his brilliant form. No idea about Wilshire tbh, but seeing Sturridge over the last few years has eroded my confidence that he'll ever be match fit ever again.

Yeah Sturridge could have been a great player. I know footballers earn millions of pounds but it still must be horrible when you keep getting injured.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would he be allowed to? Surely that wouldn't be excepted in nie days

I honestly thought Wilshere was really going to be one of Europe's top midfield talents at one point some years back. The natural talent is there and I've seen the guy intelligently float in midfield within to most dangerous positions to damage rivals. There's a goal Arsenal scored a couple of years back (I can't remember against who) where Wilshere along with Cazorla and a couple of others combines in triangulation at high speed which made me think he could even fit into a Barça first team (that move)... But then too much has occurred since then and I'm not even talking about his constant injuries.  Wilshere has stagnated and that all seems that it's down to him and in this case not so much Arsene Wenger.

We need rid because with him we're always living in hope and not moving forward unfortunately.

58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Zidane smoked and he wasn't a complete sicknote like Wilshere.

Some people are just more naturally durable. Zidane as far as I know was still pretty reliable fitness-wise even in his mid-30s, though his physical level dropped. 

If you're like Wilshere and it's clear you're already fighting an uphill battle, it's probably a good idea to cut out every negative factor you can. 

41 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah Sturridge could have been a great player. I know footballers earn millions of pounds but it still must be horrible when you keep getting injured.

I think Sturridge's problems are genetic. His uncles were both strikers who's careers ended prematurely due to knee injuries. And Sturridge's injuries are generally knee injuries or hamstring injuries (and knee injuries tend to lead to hamstrings becoming tighter). Seems injury proneness and football taking it's toll on the body run in the family tbh.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Sturridge's problems are genetic. His uncles were both strikers who's careers ended prematurely due to knee injuries. And Sturridge's injuries are generally knee injuries or hamstring injuries (and knee injuries tend to lead to hamstrings becoming tighter). Seems injury proneness and football taking it's toll on the body run in the family tbh.

Sturridge’s main injuries have actually been his hip. He’s had a really mixed bag to be honest but his knee’s haven’t really troubled him. 

Hip, Hamstring, groin strains and ankle ligaments throughout his career really. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/daniel-sturridge/verletzungen/spieler/47082

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Sturridge’s main injuries have actually been his hip. He’s had a really mixed bag to be honest but his knee’s haven’t really troubled him. 

Hip, Hamstring, groin strains and ankle ligaments throughout his career really. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/daniel-sturridge/verletzungen/spieler/47082

I thought he's had at least 2 knee injuries... but guess I'm wrong. That's a shitload of hip injuries though.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought he's had at least 2 knee injuries... but guess I'm wrong. That's a shitload of hip injuries though.

You were right about it being generic though. Apparently his predecessors have all suffered similar injuries. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I honestly thought Wilshere was really going to be one of Europe's top midfield talents at one point some years back. The natural talent is there and I've seen the guy intelligently float in midfield within to most dangerous positions to damage rivals. There's a goal Arsenal scored a couple of years back (I can't remember against who) where Wilshere along with Cazorla and a couple of others combines in triangulation at high speed which made me think he could even fit into a Barça first team (that move)... But then too much has occurred since then and I'm not even talking about his constant injuries.  Wilshere has stagnated and that all seems that it's down to him and in this case not so much Arsene Wenger.

We need rid because with him we're always living in hope and not moving forward unfortunately.

Giroud played the final flick.

Its a shame because Wilshere is the centre mid that England needs, only centre mid that drives forward from deep and creates chances for himself or others. The likes of Dier, Henderson, Delph etc just aren't that sort of player and prefer to stay deeper.

Injuries have ruined him but I do question his mentality seeing as he's been caught smoking on nights out etc plus his mentality is very fiery which doesn't necessarily match his ability on the ball.

On 3/22/2018 at 19:09, Danny said:

Giroud played the final flick.

Its a shame because Wilshere is the centre mid that England needs, only centre mid that drives forward from deep and creates chances for himself or others. The likes of Dier, Henderson, Delph etc just aren't that sort of player and prefer to stay deeper.

Injuries have ruined him but I do question his mentality seeing as he's been caught smoking on nights out etc plus his mentality is very fiery which doesn't necessarily match his ability on the ball.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain does exactly that though. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I have never thought highly of Wilshere.

I did when he first broke into the side and then for all sorts of reasons I slowly disliked him more and more.  But as for talent and as a combanitive midfielder, I haven't seen a better English one since Gazza.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I did when he first broke into the side and then for all sorts of reasons I slowly disliked him more and more.  But as for talent and as a combanitive midfielder, I haven't seen a better English one since Gazza.

That was close to a decade ago... I don't really see him as combative, just as having a poor temper. Anyway, I just can't rate him higher than Oxlade-Chamberlain because the latter is reliable. An underrated attribute.

• The title was changed to Jack Wilshere Leaves West Ham By Mutual Consent

Archived